Chapter 9

A few hours later Lauren felt something move next to her. "ugggghhhh...." she moaned looking up seeing Bruno frantically running around his apartment.

"I forgot I have to pack!" he exclaimed. "I leave in two hours!"

"I think you'll survive...." she laughed scratching her head sitting up to see him all over the place.

"I know I will...it's just I forgot...." he told her throwing clothes in her direction. "Can you fold that for me?"

"Yeah..." she looked at some of the clothes folding them placing them in the suitcase for him. "Is this all you're taking?" she asked him counting the 8 t-shirts, 5 plaid shirts and 3 jackets with 5 pairs of jeans.

"Yeah...how much would you take?" he asked her looking a bit perplexed.

"Well..it wouldn't be one suitcase. What do you wear when you go out?"

"Well I wear a dress." he answered her. "With heels."

"No! I'm serious!" she answered throwing a shirt in his direction.

"You're right..." he pulled a couple more shirts out throwing them at her. "You gotta find a way to make 'em fit, though." he smiled.

"Is everything in?" she asked him.

"Wait...wait...." he said throwing in a toothbrush.

"Okay...." she said standing up sitting on the bag. "Now zip."

He laughed at her bending down grabbing the zipper stopping right in the middle where she was sitting trying not to laugh as he moved his lips toward hers placing his hands on either side of her. She returned his kiss sliding off the back of the suitcase toward the bed. She giggled as he started to kiss her neck moving his hands above her head. Before she knew it her clothes were off and they were in his bed. "Wait...." she stopped him grabbing her shirt. "Not like this." she told him.

"But Laurrreennnn...." he whined.

"But nothing, Bruno. I'm going to kiss you good night and wish you a safe trip and I will see you in three weeks."

"Well...at least let me walk you home...." he said to her grabbing his shoes as she got dressed.

"I'll let you do that." she told him as they walked toward the door. She took a deep breath looking over toward the coast in the distance. "I really love it this early in the morning. You can smell the beach and the sun is always pretty."

"I like it too. It's not home..but it's nice...." he said

"I'm sure it's perfect there." she said grabbing the door knob.

"It is...but so you are you." he told her kissing her lightly. "Good night, Elle."

"Good night, Bruno." she said opening the door falling on her bed. "Shit. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow."