Season 4/Chapter 38: Thoughts Of The Future

Start from the beginning

AJ: Violet!

Tenn and AJ hug Violet. Violet looks at me and I can see her face suddenly fall as dread fills it. 

Violet: Oh, my god...

I laugh lightly, but it still hurts my side. 

Y/n: I-I've seen better days, that's for sure. But don't worry about me. I'll be okay. 

Violet: I'm just glad you're alive. Both of you. How'd this happen? 

Y/n: Let's just say your ex is one of the crazy kind. Seastone crossbow bolt in my side or stomach, I can't exactly remember and I don't want to look down. Either way, I-I think we could both use a little loving right now. 

She comes over and lightly hugs us as to not hurt me. Violet places her head against mine while she holds Clem's hand before getting on my other side and helping Clementine hold me up so I don't fall. It definitely makes my legs feel slightly lighter, but not by a lot. But every little bit is a weight off of me so that's cool. 

Violet: I couldn't believe you were really dead. I had to try and find you.

Clementine: You did find us. 

Y/n: Good job, Violet. Did everyone else escape?

She nods. 

Violet: Yeah, they're okay. They took the cart and headed back to the school. We're safe. All we gotta do now is find our way home and get our hubby hear some help before he bleeds to death.

Y/n: That would be preferred. 

Clementine looks around. 

Clementine: Any idea which way that is?

Violet: I know an old bridge near here. If we cross it, we won't be too far from the school.

Y/n: It's not over a deep body of water, is it? 

Violet nods. 

Violet: Yeah...

Y/n: (Sighs) Fucking bridges.

The group continues moving and I can see Violet taking glances by my wound. I can tell she's worried, hell, I can practically feel it. But I decide to change the topic. Thinking about all we've been through, I think about the years. I think our birthdays will be coming up soon if not have already came. 

Y/n: Y'know, I think our birthdays are coming up soon. 

Clementine: Why do you say that? 

Y/n: Just looking at the dates and wanting... to take my mind off of stuff. I'm not quite sure, but it would make us like seventeen and AJ would be six. 

Violet giggles. 

Violet: I guess that means I'm kind of like an older lady. I'm already eighteen, so that would make me nineteen. 

We both look at her kind of surprised. 

Clementine: Damn, you definitely don't look your age. 

Violet: Why thank you. Though don't act like you don't like the thought of an older lady. 

She smirks at us and we both laugh, but again, my side fills with immense pain and I have to stop. The two look at me concerned, but I shake it off. 

Y/n: Don't worry... Just hurts to laugh. 

Violet: I promise I'll throw you guys a birthday party when we get back. How do you like the sound of that? 

I look at her. 

Y/n: Sounds awesome. 

I think some more about our age and realize that would also include Molly. 

Y/n: Y'know, that would mean Molly would be 28 give or take.