Season 2/Chapter 36: Amid The Ruins

Start from the beginning

Rebecca: Thank God.

Clementine: We can't find anybody. 

Rebecca: I know. What do we do? Luke was with me, but...I-I can't do this alone.

Seeing how much this is affecting Rebecca, I try my best to comfort her a little by reaching out and lightly grabbing her hand like my mom might have done to me if she were here and I was scared. 

Y/n: It'll be okay, Rebecca. You're going to be fine. I promise. 

Clementine: Yeah, we've just got to find the others. 

Rebecca: We know where we're supposed to meet, we just need to get there. Look. The walkers are still moving toward the hardware store. We can make it out if we stick together-

Suddenly Rebecca groans in pain as she leans forward holding her stomach. 

Rebecca: I'm glad you're both here. We can watch each other's backs.

I nod. 

Y/n: Yeah. 

Clementine: We'll stick with you.

Rebecca: Thank you... We need a clear path to the trees... Maybe they're thinning out somewhere. Do you see any openings.

I look ahead and after a moment, I spot a small opening between some walkers. It'll be tight, but it's manageable for her and the rest of us. 

Y/n: There. C'mon. 

All three of us get up and we start to move, but due to Rebecca walking slow we start to get surrounded by walkers and she begins to quietly freak out. 

Rebecca: Damn it! Go back, go back.

Y/n: Rebecca, wait-

I back up and bump into someone. I turn to see it's Jane and with her is Molly and Carley. 

Clementine: (Whisper) Holy shit!

Y/n: (Whisper) Hey guys!

Rebecca: It's you three! Thank god... 

Carley and Molly immediately come over to Clem and I, checking on us while Jane kept looking around. Carley kneels down in front of Clem while Molly places her hands on our shoulders, just looking around. She's holding my guitar over her back using the strap. 

Carley: Are you three okay? 

Clementine: Yeah, we're fine. 

Y/n: But we're worried about Rebecca. 

Molly and Carley look at her, but we all hear Jane. 

Jane: Stop. Relax. You need to walk slowly. You'll be fine.

Rebecca: I can't do this. You have to help us, please.

Jane: We can't clump together like this. It's better if we spread out. You three will be fine.

Rebecca: No, you don't understand. Just help us.

Jane: You guys are fine. Just go.

Molly sighs and Carley stands up. The two look at Molly and nod to Rebecca. 

Molly: Listen I get what you're saying, believe me I do, but we've got to help them. 

Carley: Rebecca isn't fit to move right now, not like we are. We've got to help her. 

Jane looks at Rebecca and then us before sighing. 

Jane: Damn it. We'll have to push through that cluster of walkers.

Y/n: I think there might be too many, Jane. 

Jane: We'll make a cow-catcher. Just... we need...

Molly walks up to Jane. 

Molly: Just tell us what to do. 

Jane looks around for a moment before spotting a walker and pointing to it. 

Jane: That one looks light enough to carry. I'm gonna get on the far side of her. I need you to get her attention.

Molly nods and we watch as she goes over to it with Jane. She takes my guitar off her back and plucks a single string making a noise loud enough to get the walker's attention. It turns around and she puts my guitar back where it was as the walker starts to approach her. Jane comes up a moment later from behind, grabbing it's arms and removing its jaw with her knife.

Jane: Not gonna bite anybody now, are ya? Follow me. Stay close. If you fall behind, I can't come back for you.

I look at Clem. 

Y/n: Impressive. 

Clementine: Totally. 

Carley, Molly, Rebecca, Clem, and I follow after Jane until we make it out of the herd. I shoot the walker after Jane drops it to the ground since we're done with it and we continue to walk away. 

Carley: I guess it's safe to say we're home free. At least for now. 

Molly: Don't jinx us.