🌸See You Later🌸 Part 2

Start from the beginning

"I..I'm so sorry.., I knew it was hard...on you. However, I didn't know it was that bad, you never spoke of it." Atem remembered the images he saw through the magical viewing portal. Of me crying in my sleep, of Yugi helping me. Of course, he didn't see it all, there were gaps.

"Y-Yugi...was very kind to you... I'm glad about that."

"I called to you.. even after I was beaten..." I shuttered, as my body shook a bit. Atem gently touched my shoulder with his hand. He furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm...sorry...so sorry. I..had Mahad make me a viewing portal, so I could sometimes see you and your friends. Though it was only fragmented."

A wave of emotion washed over me. 'H-he saw me... in that horrible broken state?...it's so embarrassing...' I couldn't imagine just how painful it was for him to see.

"I wish I could have done more...but I could not. Forgive me ____ please."

"I don't blame you." My voice cracked a bit. "There is no way I could blame you."

"Well, this time I will fix that. If you need me anytime when we return. I will be there as well."

'If it works....' I thought.

"That is why I need you and Diva to return, and find Yugi."

"Alright, but what about Kaiba?"

"Don't worry about him, I'll handle it."

(Couple of days later)

It was time. The day to return to my present, where Yugi was. Diva recovered from his cold well and was ready to travel.

I was called into the spellcaster's room. Where Mahad and Atem awaited Diva and I. I had things packed up.

"Are you two ready?" Mahad looked at us. He was ready to cast the spell for us.

"I..." I tried to say something but instead walked up to Mahad. I looked up at the tall magician. "Thank you, Mahad, without you...we would have no chance of even seeing, Atem or you. Let alone this world. It means a lot." Mahad nods his head. "It was my pleasure, I am only glad to see you are happy. Of course, the Pharaoh seems to enjoy your company as well."

"Indeed." Atem walked up to me, giving me one last glance. Why did I feel kinda empty? Was it because it was possible that our plan wouldn't even work?

"You should be on your way..." He said in a soft voice, he kept a gap between us. Possibly because it would be easier to say goodbye.

"Atem..." I wanted to say something, but it was hard. I was overwhelmed.

Atem only smiled at me, knowing this was hard. He liked having me around, at his home. "Now go, please go find Yugi. Travel with him and Diva to Egypt. LEt them be your guide. I am positive Yugi will be glad to help you."

'Why do you sound sad..?' I wondered. Even with that half-fake smile plastered on his face.

" I will see you later, in the future. I will wait for you there, in my tomb."

 I dropped to my knees and began to tear up. This stung both Atem and Mahad. Atem's words hit hard, I couldn't control this feeling. I was happy, yet sad.

"..oh.. _____." The Pharaoh kneeled down before me and placed me int a comforting hug. He smelt so sweet, like the lotus flowers. He tried to stay strong for me. He began to speak in a confident, yet calm voice.

"Please do not cry...., if this doesn't work. You may always return if that is what you wish. I will just keep thinking of other possibilities." He kneeled there strong, holding onto my shaking form, and wept quietly.

Reaching a hand into a basket next to him, Atem pulled out a dried lotus flower. "____, look up."

I pulled my head back

I pulled my head back. Only to meet his soft gaze. In his hands, he held a dried lotus flower gently to me. "Take this with you." He gently placed it into my palms. My eye widen a bit, as my tears began to dry on my face. Atem could tell that I remembered what that lotus flower meant.

It was a reminder of him. "You have the fragment of the puzzle don't you?" I nod my head and reached into my pocket, remembering when Atem placed it into my hand.

"Good, that will give us a chance to connect." He put his hand over mine closing the puzzle piece into my palm. "Keep it safe."

"I will, I promise

"I will, I promise." 

"Now...please go. It is time." He helped me stand, and lead me to Diva. "Take care of her for me."

"Yes sir, I shall." Atem made me hold onto Diva, and slowly backed away from us. Smiling softly.

"May we meet again." The Pharaoh breathed, as he bowed his head in respect.

Just like that a big cloud of violet swirled around us, I could only see Atem's face a bit, as we were swallowed into darkness. 'D-don't bow to me....' Was the last thoughts I had, seeing his peaceful face.