Whispers Of The Past part 2

(In Egypt With Atem, Atem's POV)

I was tending to ___'s horse Prince. He seemed sad not being able to see her. The poor creature needed calming. I did all I could to relax the stallion. I didn't want the stable staff to touch the horse, I thought it was my responsibility to take care of him.

I was about to leave when a scroll or violet light landed on the ground at my feet.

'Mahad's magic. What could it be?' Atem reached down and picked up the scroll.

My Pharaoh. It took me some time to send this message. I wanted to let you know. Lady____ and I have safely made it her era in time.

Though.., she lost her home while she was away. It was destroyed. She now lives with her trusted friend Diva. Who you may know. He was kind enough to give her shelter.

She recently met your friend Yugi. Kaiba has found out she is back but hasn't caused her too many issues as of late. Though she is frightened by him at times.

Lady____, does seem to miss her life in our time as well. I hope it doesn't cause her any harm. I will do my best to keep her safe.

Take care, my King.

~Mahad

I sighed reading the note. It was such a relief to know she was alright. I was happy to hear she was well. My heartbeat began to slow down knowing they were all safe. Yugi and ____.

That sweet girl ____, if something was to happen to her. I would tear up this land to go find her again. 'I wish I could go back, back to that time to see them again. Maybe there was a way?'

I shake my head lightly. Making my golden earrings swing. 'I should find a magician to send a scroll back to them. I want to write a note..to her.' Deep down I felt a bit concerned, Kaiba could be so thick-headed that his own greedy self would get the better of him. 'I swear Kaiba, harm that sweet girl ____. You will..not hear the end of it.'

I patted Prince once more, giving him an apple. I walked out of the stables. I needed to write this note, quickly. Before my duties would interfere with my life.

( Back to Reader/Me POV)

I have just finished explaining to the group on how I came back to our time.

Yugi's were wide with surprise. "That's actually quite neat. It's nice to know Atem made such a good impression on you."

I felt a small blush creep up on my face. Though I held it back. It was true I was fond of Atem, but I also felt myself swaying toward Diva as well. It was hard.., I wasn't sure what to do about this. Yugi was a really good friend of mine since I was younger. Ever since I met Atem. He held such a strong grip on my soul, It made me cry knowing he was gone, back to his time. It was extremely hard to accept. Yugi was like a brother and a really good friend. Atem was more than that.

"You seem tired___, you alright?" Diva glanced at me. Seeing my face slightly red, I was in thought.

"Maybe it's too hot outside. Here sit farther back in the shade. I don't want you passing out." Yugi offered. I nod in thanks.

"Ha..I'm alright. Just thinking about Atem a bit. How I had to leave him behind too. He's helped me so much."

"Yeah, I totally understand that. You have a good bond with him." Yugi smiled. "Say Yugi, how is Bakura doing these days? that creepy spirit isn't bothering him anymore is he?"

Yugi shakes his head. "No, I don't think the evil spirit of the ring is othering him anymore. I don't see him that often, but the last time I saw him, he was doing alright. The guy likes to travel."

I smiled. "Well, that's good. Diva, you are on good terms with Bakura now aren't you? I mean you were a jerk to him before."

Diva nearly choked on his drink. "Geese ___ haha. Of course, we are on good terms. I'm not like that anymore. Do not worry."

"Alright, I won't then."

"Ha.....it's nice out here." I smiled.

We relaxed there in the park till the sun was setting.

I gave Yugi my phone number before we parted ways. I wanted to keep in touch with him.

"Shall we go back home?" Diva looked at me with his golden brown eyes. "Sure, that would be nice."

I was still deep in thought on our walk back. Diva didn't want to bother me with questions. He could tell I was still trying to find my place here. 'Ha...Atem...I know you probably can't hear me speak. I just want you to know, that you are still on my mind. I'm trying so hard...to be happy. I don't know where I belong yet.'

I see a flash of lightning in the sky, as an oncoming storm makes its way toward us. "Better hurry, before the gods let it drop on us." The rain already started trickling out of the sky. Diva pulled out an umbrella.

 Diva pulled out an umbrella

"Here." He held it up for us. I looked at him with a question. "How did you know?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "I saw the weather warnings earlier this morning."

"I see, thanks for it though."  I smiled softly.
The rain started coming down harder, then it began to thunder.
"We should hurry. Come." Diva grabbed my arm gently and pulled me after him. We quickly sped up towards the direction of his house.

- To Be Continued 🌹