🌹The Wounded Pharaoh🔥

I was shocked to see what was next. Diva managed to grab Atem and Mahad horses.
The two stood there looking at me. They had locked eyes with me from a distance.

Atem's eye flickered with emotion as he suddenly dipped his head down to me. Mahad was surprised to see his Pharaoh bowing his head to me. I could see Atem nudging Mahad to do the same.

I felt m heart flutter a bit as emotions flooded me. "H-hes bowing to me.." I whispered.
They knew I could see them. He was truly grateful for my help.

Mahad handed Atem the reins to his horse, but the king did not mount yet. Not until he said one last thing.

Atem looked up at me kindly, and ever so grateful. His lips moved as he spoke something into the air.
"W-what's he saying?" I whispered.
I couldn't exactly make out what he said. Though the smile that was planted on his face showed that he was trying to give me one last message before riding off. He knew I couldn't hear him, but still, he mouthed his words to me quietly.

I assumed he said he will return soon.
I watch the two claim on their steeds and ride off after Diva. I mentally wave goodbye to Atem. I see them leave to finish what's left of this battle.

 I see them leave to finish what's left of this battle

" Good luck..., I'll wait for you here."

I could hear shouts and screams in the distance for a while. It made me a bit jumpy. I lay there on the wall still. I had no idea if it was safe for me to leave. I didn't want to risk it.

The sun was setting now. I managed to stay up the whole time. Wrapped up in my cloak to shield me from the harsh rays of the sun. I only now have just seen Atem's figure returning from battle.

He looked absolutely worn out. He had blood on the corner of his lips. Some bruises on his arms, possibly his legs too.

I looked up with tired eyes, only to meet Atem's gaze once more. He seemed to have said something to Mahad because, the magician only took a couple of moments, and he now stood before me. His pleasant gentle face smiled to me softly.

"Lady...____. How are you?"

He knew I didn't like being called a lady in particular, but I let it slide. He was trying to be nice.

"I..I'm alright now. Earlier worried, and...maybe a bit frightened. D-don't tell Atem that though please, I don't want to worry him."

Mahad only kneeled down in front of me and took my hand in his. "I understand. However, I must thank you. You saved our dear Pharaoh and friend. We are in your debt _____."

My stomach fluttered a bit. Even Mahad's face had some dirt and cuts on it. "You did extremely well. If you would allow me to take you to the King. He would like to see you."

I looked to the side, down below where Atem waited patiently. He seemed a bit nervous. Could it be because he was all battle bruised, and ashamed of how he looked?