🔥Did I Just Save The Pharaoh?🔥

( Finally getting somewhere! I had a big chunk of these events planned for months. I'm so glad to finally get to writing this down to share.)

"Remember to put this on every time it hurts," Atem told me that night after Mahad spent a solid hour trying to create this ointment. According to Mahad, it was going to be at least a week for it to fully vanish.

After Atem offered to help place the cream on my burns, he had to have me return to my room. He said if I was feeling better the next day to come to visit him in his throne room because he would have to be there for more work. The funny face he made after that, with his eyes rolled for having enough of the throne room, made me giggle.

I had no idea that the next morning will be one of the most stressful days I had here so far. It would test my survival skills.

I suddenly woke to a piercing scream raidiating through the walls. I never had the feeling to wake up so suddenly in my life. The shouts of men and women flooded the area. 'Crap, what's happening?!' I knew I couldn't wait to find out, I needed to hide or at least find and area where I would be safe.

'Atem, are you alright?' I thought, a bit worried. This place was usually peaceful just as Mahad said yesterday. I quickly threw some important items in my back, and got dressed in my best clothes, I grabbed my deck box and clipped it onto my belt. Then I reached out and grabbed my bow, arrows, and my sword.

The only place I could think of right now to go to was that wall I climbed once before. It was unlikely anyone would see me there.

I poked my head out to the balcony. Down below I sam men, lots of men. They were armed to the teeth. These looked like Atem's soldiers. Though not far from there were people I have never seen before. Some looked like assassins, others just warriors. They had horses and many weapons.

Then it hit me. The palace was under attack!! Not wasting any more time I quickly but quietly swung myself up onto the extremely tall wall and stayed low. This was the only place that could protect me now.

If they were to slam the door of my room open the attacking enemy wouldn't find me there. 'Oh, I hope you are alright Diva..., Mahad...Pharoah.'

I could feel my sunburns start to hurt again, the ointment was wearing off. I didn't have time to reapply it since last night. I lay there still as a cat on my stomach. I only slightly glanced over the edge of the wall in the distance. Trying to see if I could find any sight of my friends.

(Meanwhile with Atem)

"This is bad! Where is ___!?" Atem panicked asking Mahad. Mahad couldn't sight and shake his head. "I am sorry my king I do not know."

"Pharoah we need to keep moving, the village and its people here are utterly frightened. ____ is a smart woman, trust her! I am sure she will survive."

Atem bit his lip. "Ugh..! I know, but I am worried. Those men came to kill us. I can not allow them to hurt her or her friends. She shouldn't be a part of our fight." Mahad tried to usher Atem out the door into a safer area. They were fleeing currently from a large group of men. Where they use to be was not a good place to fight, they had no choice but to run.