🔥Sun Burnt🌹

"O-ouch...!" I hissed, at the pain on my nose, arms and neck. Diva inspected my burns from the sun at a distance. We took shelter in the tomb as planned. Though there was nearly no light here. He managed to light a torch for us. The wind blasted, carrying tons of sand. We would choke if we went out there.

"It isn't as bad as I could be," Diva mentioned. "I guess your right, it could have been worse.." The sun burnt me. I was stupid and completely ignored the fact that the sun in Egypt is twice as bad as where I came from. By nature, I was not meant to get that much sun suddenly.

My face felt like I had a fever from the burns. I looked at my slightly red arms, they were a bit crispy.

'Damn.. if Atem sees this he will get worried. I don't wanna burden him more..crap.'

" Here have some water. It will be some time till we leave." Diva gave me the water container.

( Couple of Hours Later)

The sandstorm finally passed. We slowly went back out and greeted the setting sun.

"We should return. Those burns need to be treated." I nod my head, and we began to ride off.

*clop clop clop*

We were entering the palace gates. The horse's hooves were louder on the stone walkway.

I spot a guard standing there at the last main gate. He seemed to bow his head upon seeing us. What shocked me more was that he spoke English when we approached. "We were expecting you lady ____." He had an accent, but it was pleasant.

I looked at him curiously. "You speak my language?" I tilted my head. "Yes, m'lady. The Pharoah insisted I speak to you like this. So you know you are in no trouble. I also was also asked to help tend to your horses. Which I am pleased to do."

"Oh, well thank you." I held the reins out to the guard after dismounting.

What I did not know was the Mahad just happened to pass by and see me and Diva walking up the long palace steps.

He quickly picked up his pace and went to tell the Pharoah who was sitting on his throne currently. Tending to more business.

(At Atem's Throne)

"My King." Mahad bowed his head to Atem.

"Yes, Mahad?" He asked casually.

"I have seen ____ and her friend return recently."

Atem's face lit up, and a feeling of relief washed over his face. "They seem alright, possibly tired though. I was only at a distance though."

"Good, thank you, Mahad.

'I'm glad to hear they are alright. Now I can focus more on my job. After that pay a visit.'

(Back to Rader/Me)

I was sitting in my room, wincing from my burns. I recently took a wash, but the water seemed to have made the burns hurt more.

I didn't cry, but it was getting to me. "Shit...I should have been more careful...." It was a while since I had a sunburn, I forgot just how much it could hurt.

My face felt like it was on fire.

There was a knock on my room door. My eyes widen, as I quickly backed up. A familiar voice called out to me.

"_____, are you here?" It was Atem, my stomach dropped, just thinking if he opened that door. He would see my burns. I couldn't just ignore him..., I didn't see him all day.

"..yes..I'm here."

"May I enter?" He seemed happy.

'Alright.."

Atem took his first step inside. The happy look on his face washed away, as he was my face burning red. His stomach dropped. His violet eyes looked at me closely as he walked forward.

"_-____, w-what is that?" He softly questioned. He clearly saw something was not normal.

I couldn't move back more, the wall wouldn't let me. I averted my eyes a bit. "It was only an accident...I was..-" My words were cut off, as Atem suddenly showed up within a speaking distance of me.

"B-burns...?" His lip trembled a bit. He was going to put his hand on the side of my face, but I turn it away. It wouldn't only hurt more if he did.

"Ha...yes, the sun did this. S-sorry..it just..sting from any touch." Atem said nothing as his eyes trailed down to my red arms. Atem took a moment then looked up at me with sad eyes. He suddenly caught me off guard with his actions.