Golden Throne Part 2

( Here we go another update! It's nice to not have writer's block yet. I'm trying to give out the best chapters as I possibly can. Thanks for reading.)

"Halt! Who goes there!?"

'great...' I mentally thought. I heard Egyptian words getting yelled back and forth, it was way out my language barrier.

I stopped and looked up seeing a few guards surrounding me. "Who are you, and why are you here?" The man yelled at me in ancient Egyptian. I assumed he was asking what the hell I was doing here. I answered truthfully in English hoping they understood.

"My name is ____, and I'm a guest at the palace."

The guards only rolled their eyes and latched their hands on my arm. They continued to shout words that I didn't understand."I swear I'm telling the truth!"

"Oh look the women think's the Pharaoh is her friend." They snickered in English and continued dragging me towards the throne room by my arms. Their grip was so rough, that it stung.

Poor Atem I didn't want to cause him trouble, not like this. What baffled me was how these guards had no idea I was a guest? Were they new to the job or something?

"Tch hey.. that hurts stop." I tried to be respectful in telling them. They only grumble to each other in more Egyptian that I didn't understand.

"Take her to the Pharaoh!! make her kneel before him!!"
'Pharaoh! oh god no. Atem will pop a blood vessel seeing me like this.' From the guard's tone and my broken knowledge of their language. I understood Pharaoh and roughly what was gonna happen to me. This was bad.

"Pharaoh!" The guards spoke in a loud stern voice. They also mumbled more that I didn't understand.

My eyes widen, there was Atem sitting on his throne. The voices of the guards dragging me forward snapped him out of thought.

"What is this?" He said in Egyptian. Atem looked at us wondering what on earth was happening.

"Kneel now!" The guards shoved me down, I had no choice but to bow my head to Atem. 'Just great....'

"We found this woman wandering the palace, dressed in strange clothing." They huffed. All I could do was hang my head.

"L-let her go now..!" Atem's eyes widen in shock.

The guard's jaws drop at their king's words. "Pharaoh we-" The guards tried to explain.

"She is a guest in my home! I said let her be." Atem shouts in Egyptian.

Mahad stood next to Atem's throne. "YesI can vouch for this, do as you are said and be on your way," Mahad adds.

The guards drop my arms. I feel a sudden new air enter my lungs as if I was holding back my breath.

As soon as the guards walked away feeling like idiots for what they did. Mahad quickly walks over to my slumped form.

"Lady ____..!" Mahad walked over to me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I am very sorry about that." He spoke to me in English. "It's alright Mahad.., not your fault."

"Let's get you off the ground." Mahad helped me stand, and dusted me off a bit. He noticed my arms being a bit red.

"Are you alright ____?" Atem's voice was soft, it echoed down the hall to me. He held a hand out calling me over.

Mahad led me over to his throne. "As much as you may know, ____ you shouldn't be here when he is attending duties..." Mahad tried to be as gentle with his words as possible.

"It's alright Mahad, I was the one who invited her if she wanted." I glanced up at Atem who sat there on his throne, he looked so beautiful. I was too shy to say it out loud. I was still trying to shake off the way the guards treated me.