Chapter 163- Written by A

"Sleep tight kids," Taron whispered softly. She and Rodan gently nuzzled their three children and Halcyon. The two adults had decided that the little ones should take a nap. Of course there had been protests but now they were fast asleep in the nest. Sighing softly as she looked down at them, Taron turned her gaze towards Rodan. The massive prehistoric reptile was standing on the edge of the volcano's crater, keeping an eye out for trouble. Walking up beside him, the bird of prey murmured, "You already know what I'm gonna say."

"There is absolutely no way I'm going to help him after everything he put us through," Rodan grumbled, his yellow eyes narrowing to slits as he glared at the horizon. Frowning slightly, Taron quietly pecked him hard in the scar Mothra had given him. Grimacing in pain, he looked at her as she pointed out, "He's your brother, of sorts. The least you could do is help him. He could use the extra claws."

"Did you forget that he exiled me? He hates my guts."

"Not anymore. He's trying. It's you who hates his guts now."

"Where are you getting at here?"

"You two need to get along, for everyone's sake. Honey, think of our children," Taron spoke softly. The two fire based Titans peered over their shoulders. All three of their kids slept soundly while Harp and Ghidorah's child Halcyon somehow got buried underneath them. Nuzzling Rodan, the phoenix mumbled, "Today it was Mothra. What if tomorrow it was one of our kids?"

"Okay, you have a point..." Rodan muttered, hating it when he was proven wrong. Gazing up at her mate, Taron spoke softly, "Look, you don't have to like him. You just need to help him." Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, the Fire Demon looked over at the large bird of prey. "Stay safe, I'll be back," he whispered as he nuzzled her, "I love you."

"I love you too Rodan," Taron replied quietly. She silently watched as the King of the Skies opened his wings and took to the air. Flying across the ocean at top speed, it wasn't very long until he was out of sight. Alone with the kids, Taron was about to take a nap with them when she noticed something strange on the island's shore.

Her interest peaked, she went down to investigate...