Chapter 35- Written by A

"Where could she be?" Taron whimpered. She stood on the edge of a rock overhang, staring out across the vast ocean. She and Rodan had gone north and searched for a good long while. There had been no sign of Ghidorah, unfortunately. The Golden Demise could be anywhere now. Worse though, there was no sign of Harp either.

"Blasted storm! Good thing I caught this before this hurricane got stronger!" Rodan grumbled. Taron peered over her shoulder. The Fire Demon had returned from hunting. In his talons he had two humpback whales. Shaking the rainwater off of his scales, he muttered, "I'm telling ya chica, this is gonna be a terrible storm. It's already bad!"

"Guess I better go home before it gets worse. I'll see you around Rodan," Taron chirped softly. She was about to spread her wings and take off when the sky lit up with lightning. Shrieking in terror, the phoenix backed away from the edge of the rock overhang. Her feathers were pelted with raindrops and the sky was alive with thunder and lightning. Frightened, she squeezed her eyes shut.

Just then, the rain stopped hitting her.

Confused, Taron opened one eye. Rodan was beside her, his gigantic wing stretched out above her head. "I'm gonna be honest with you, ya might want to wait before you fly in this weather. Hate to see you get struck by lightning," he murmured. Nodding her head in response, Taron stuttered, "Yeah, that's a good idea."

"Come on. Let's get out of this rain," Rodan spoke softly. He led Taron over to the cave he slept in when he didn't go to the lava. Settling down on the volcanic rock with one of the whales, he motioned to the other one. "Thank you," Taron trilled before eating. Swallowing a bite, Rodan replied, "No problema chica."

The storm raged on outside, getting worse by the hour. Taron and Rodan watched in silence from the volcano's cave. "I don't think you're going home any time soon," Rodan muttered. Shivering, Taron nodded her head quietly. "Get some sleep, it's gonna be a long night," the King of the Skies mumbled. Giving another nod, Taron hesitated before she laid closer to the other Titan. Surprised at first, the Fire Demon allowed it. Huddling for warmth, the two soon fell asleep.