Chapter 23- Written by A

"Stupid fat lizard..." Rodan grumbled, marching out of the cave before everyone else. He needed to get out of there before anyone else did. He didn't want to be near anyone else. Plus, little baby Mothra had given him a secret signal to leave after Kong left. Thank goodness. The massive prehistoric reptile did not want to learn how to fly again, Godzilla style. He also technically didn't want to be Ghidorah's babysitter.

Well, guess there were some things out there that he couldn't control.

The ground shuddered under Rodan's claws. He could hear thundering footsteps behind him. It could only be Ghidorah. The Fire Demon had unfortunately been around him long enough to know what his footsteps sounded like. Sighing heavily, he turned around just as a giant golden wing crashed into his face.

"Like I'm gonna be babysat by someone the likes of you!" Ghidorah hissed angrily, towering over Rodan. Sprawled out on the grass, the One Born of Fire rolled his yellow eyes in annoyance while he muttered irritably, "Well, glad we both agree on something for once idiots." Eyes glowing with anger, Ni screeched, "That's it! I'm gonna kill you!" Without a moment's hesitation, the right head lunged forward at the Fire Demon. He was joined in battle by his two brothers Ichi and San. The two Titans rolled around in the sand, biting and scratching at each other.

"Hey! Behave before I atomic breath you both into next week!" Godzilla shouted. He and baby Mothra had exited the meeting cave to find the pair fighting on the sandy beach. Pulling himself away from Ghidorah, Rodan hissed, "They started it!" Looming over the One Born of Fire, Godzilla snarled, "I don't care who started it, traitor. I'm ending it!" Glaring at Ghidorah now, he continued, "Get along and I'll spare you. Got that?!"

"Yes, got it. Play nice or die, we get it," Ichi muttered. He returned Godzilla's glare with one of his own. Huffing, the King of the Monsters lumbered away. Baby Mothra, the lucky little thing, got a free ride on his tail. The larva waved goodbye to Ghidorah and Rodan, calling out, "You boys be good!"

"Right, let's go," Rodan murmured. Spreading his wings, he took to the air. He hovered, waiting for Ghidorah to follow his lead. The three headed dragon growled quietly. This will not do. Fortunately, middle head Ichi already had a plan. Telepathically sharing it with Ni and San, he joined the Fire Demon in the sky. The pair then set off towards Ronan's volcanic island. But they would never arrive. Ichi sent a secret signal to Ni and San. Ghidorah then put their plan into action as they fired their Gravity Beams.

A moment later, Rodan crashed into the ocean.