Chapter 91- Written by A

It was late that night. The humans were gone but their cameras remained, watching over the Titan couple as they slept. It was dark and quiet in the cavern, and yet something woke Taron up. Lifting her head, she exclaimed, "Did you hear that?!"

"Hm, hear what?" Rodan mumbled, still trying to sleep. Nudging him awake, Taron whimpered, "I don't know Rodey but I have a really bad feeling, like we're being watched." Sighing softly, Rodan heaved himself to his feet. "If I check it out," he murmured, "Will you calm down?"

"Yes, I suppose so," Taron chirped quietly. Nuzzling her cheek lovingly, Rodan promised, "I'll be back." With that, the prehistoric reptile went towards one of the tunnels and disappeared inside. That left Taron alone with the eggs. Shifting slightly to keep them warm, the phoenix laid her head down.

At that moment, a metallic net dropped down on her.

"Rodan!" Taron shrieked. She could see men running into the cavern. These men were different from the others, for they were armed and mean. Getting up to her feet, the phoenix was about to set her entire body on fire when a downpour of ice cold water drenched her from above. Soaking wet, she couldn't even summon a spark.

"Hang on Taron I'm coming!" Rodan's screech sounded from the tunnel. The men were barking orders at each other just as the Fire Demon returned to the cavern. At that very moment, there was a loud bang and a bright flash, followed by a bloodcurdling screech and falling rocks. Able to see again, Taron was horrified when she couldn't see Rodan anywhere amongst the rubble. Worse, she could see the molten lava blood all over the place.

"Load her up and don't forget the eggs! Let's go!" the high ranking soldier shouted to his troops, trying to be heard over the shrill shrieks of the phoenix.