Chapter 45- Written by A

"I'm bored," Taron grumbled. She was at her home in the mountains, lounging on an overhang. There was nothing to do, not with Harp still missing in action. Still no sign of her anywhere on the darn planet. The phoenix sighed. Where could Harp be?

"Since you're so bored, wanna do something fun?" Rodan remarked, surprising Taron. She jumped and whirled around. Sure enough, there was the Fire Demon. Getting up to her taloned feet, the phoenix frantically looked around and asked, "What are you doing here?! I thought you were scared to death of the King!"

"Scared of the King? Ha! Nice one!" Rodan laughed. Smiling, Taron couldn't help but chuckle along. It was good to have Rodan around, even though Godzilla didn't like the idea of having the other Titans hang around the One Born of Fire so much. Stretching his wings, Rodan asked, "So, what do you say to my offer? Or do you still want to be bored?"

"What did you have in mind?" Taron replied with a question of her own. Shrugging his shoulders, Rodan commented, "Well, I was thinking we could race across the skies or something?" A smile appearing on her face, Taron playfully butted her head against his neck and declared, "You're on!" With that, she took to the sky.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Rodan shouted, racing after her. Taron laughed and kept on flying. There was no waiting in races. Fortunately Rodan was able to keep up with her. The pair shot across the sky, skimming over the clouds without a worry in the world. Down below, a ship followed their shadows.

"Radio Alan," the captain ordered, "We are closing in our targets."