Chapter 137- Written by A

Lying stretched out on his stomach, Godzilla could feel the water washing up against his left side whenever the tide rose. With the sun shining down on his dark scales, he felt very relaxed. The moment could only be better if his beloved Queen was here. Unfortunately, Mothra was still in her egg, waiting for the right time to hatch. It hopefully wouldn't be long.

And yet he felt so bored and lonely.

Sighing heavily, Godzilla glanced over at the ocean. He was tempted to go swimming but he didn't feel like moving. Besides, he swam all the time. He could take a break from it today. He looked away just as a dark shadow flew overhead. Startled slightly, the overgrown lizard gazed up just in time to see Rodan flying out towards the sea, most likely hunting. The Fire Demon hadn't seen him, not yet. Mothra's words rang in his head. Gulping, Godzilla sat up.

"Hey Rodan..." Godzilla's voice rumbled behind Rodan. It almost gave the prehistoric reptile a heart attack as he whirled around. The King of the Monsters was on the beach of a nearby island. His yellow eyes narrowing to thin slits, he was about to fly away when Godzilla spoke again, "Can... can we talk, Rodan... please?"

"What is there to talk about?" Rodan growled. Despite wanting to get as far away as possible from here, he reluctantly landed on the island, settling down on a rocky mountain. The King of the Skies glowered at the King of the Monsters, hate glistening in his eyes. Godzilla actually shrank a little under his gaze. He seemed to have lost all of his confidence in a split second. Losing his patience, Rodan hissed angrily, "Well?!"

"I... I just... Rodan, look... I'm... I'm sorry about what... about what I've done to you..." Godzilla stuttered, lowering his gaze in shame. He couldn't bear to look the Fire Demon in the eye. His tail curled around his feet as he went on with his apology, "I've... I've been a real jerk to you... always distrusting you and shouting at you... and I'm sorry."

"Okay first off, you completely missed the fact that you also sometimes humiliate me and beat me up and there was that one time you stole my dinner," Rodan pointed out. Godzilla opened his mouth to protest but the massive prehistoric reptile wouldn't allow him as he continued, "Second, I'm surprised that you can actually say the word sorry. And lastly, who said I wanted your apology?"

"Rodan, please. I'm trying-" Godzilla pleaded. However, Rodan quickly interrupted with a screech. The King of the Monsters fell silent while the Fire Demon shouted angrily, "Don't try begging me into submission! I've had enough of this! For centuries, I had to put up with you mistreating me. Then I make one little itty bitty mistake by siding with Ghidorah and I'm suddenly seen as a traitor! All my life, I've known nothing but mistreatment! I don't care who or what it's from!"

"What can I do to make it up to you Rodan?" Godzilla mumbled, finally looking up. His golden eyes met two yellow ones. Those were filled with hatred and anger. A growl rumbling deep within his throat, Rodan replied coldly, "There is nothing you can do except maybe leave me alone. You might hold the title of king but you will never be my king, never again. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some new responsibilities to take care of." Without another word, the Fire Demon flew off.

Watching him fly away, Godzilla hung his head in defeat.