Chapter 79- Written by A

"Madison! Sam! Are you two out of your minds?!" Mark exclaimed as he, Ilene and Rick entered the outpost to find the two snuggled up against Titanus Tai, aka the Titan Taron. Thankfully the large bird of prey didn't seem to mind. Her mate Rodan though was a different story.

"How can you stand to have them that close to you?" Rodan questioned, coming into the main cavern. Raising her head, Taron chirped softly, "These are good humans Rodan, I promise. They won't do anything to hurt us, not unless we give them a reason to." Huffing, the Fire Demon grumbled, "I'll believe it when I see it."

"Just give them a chance, you'll see," Taron commented. Sighing heavily, Rodan laid down beside her. The humans quickly got away as fast as possible. Except for one. The little girl from before. Lowering his head towards her non threateningly, the One Born of Fire studied her face. The little girl in response slowly raised a hand and rested it on his beak. Remaining calm, Rodan closed his eyes and purred.

Relaxing, Taron smiled softly. This was the first step towards a peaceful future. She could feel it. She and Rodan would be safe from harm here. Maybe safe enough for... "Hey, Rodan," Taron spoke in a hushed voice, nuzzling his cheek, "Can I ask you something?"

"Dad! Did you see that?" Madison asked, walking up to her dad. Sitting in a chair with a wet cloth on his head, Mark mumbled, "Yes I saw, and I think I had a heart attack." Ilene rolled her eyes.

"Where are they going?" Sam asked, looking up to see the two Titans head off down one of the many lava tunnels in the cavernous caldera. "Don't know, I'll send a drone after them," Rick answered, sitting down at a computer. Standing with the rest of the G Team, Diane remarked, "They seem to be close, aren't they?" Nodding his head, Jackson Barnes replied, "It's like they have a thing between them."

"Well, yesterday we recorded them performing a courtship flight," Mark pointed out, "Birds of prey do the same thing." Sitting next to him, Madison frowned slightly before she dared to ask, "Dad, if they were performing a courtship flight yesterday, doesn't that mean they'll... want to go to the next level?"

"If you put it like that, yes, I suppose they would but we have nothing to worry about until they go off for some alone time..." Mark started to say. Realizing what he was saying, his eyes widened with horror. Everyone else seemed to realize this too as they all turned to Rick and shouted, "Rick don't send the drone down!"

"Too late..." Rick muttered, getting up from his seat, looking awfully pale as he murmured, "I've seen too much..."