Chapter 41- Written by A

Soaring effortlessly on the wind, Taron breathed in the fresh air. It was always nice to fly at night. Would've been nicer if Harp was here. However, there was no sign of the griffin anywhere, even for two weeks now. Heck, Godzilla had everyone looking for her! Still nothing. At least she still had some company tonight.

"I appreciate you inviting me chica but you really shouldn't have. I'm not supposed to be hanging out with you lot," Rodan grumbled. Taron glanced over her shoulder. The massive prehistoric reptile was following close behind. He was sporting a black eye and other bruises from his latest punishment. Godzilla decreed that, for him 'purposely' losing Ghidorah, Rodan would be treated as a subordinate.

"Where are we even going?" Rodan asked, snapping Taron out of her thoughts. "You'll see," she chirped. She spotted their destination up ahead. Landing, she trilled, "There's someone who wants to see you." Confused, Rodan muttered, "Who the devil would want to see me?"

"I would," a voice spoke. A moment later, Mothra stepped out from behind a boulder. This was not Mothra the larva. This was Mothra the Queen of the Monsters. Frightened, Rodan bowed deeply. Taron bowed to her queen. Patting the phoenix on the shoulder, Mothra purred, "Thank you dear."

"My Queen, I am so sorry! For everything!" Rodan whimpered, still bowing. He refused to lift his gaze. He could not look at the Queen, not after what he was forced to do during her last life. Taron stood back while Mothra approached Rodan. Resting one claw on his shoulder, she murmured, "There's no need to apologize to me."

"It's okay Rodan," Taron said reassuringly. Squeezing his eyes shut, Rodan rasped, "What do you want from me? Are you gonna kill me, my Queen?" Shaking her head, Mothra replied softly, "No. I just wanted to see an old friend." Shaking, the Fire Demon lifted his gaze. Finding his tongue, he mumbled, "It's good to see you again my Queen."

"It's good to see you as well," Mothra answered as she hugged him, "Good to see you."