The Emotional Brunette

Start from the beginning

"Of course you were! Seto would have been way worse if you were not there." Her kinds words melted my heart a bit. "No problem, though."

Kisara began to glitter once again. "W-what's happening?" I asked her. She stood up at walked to the side of my bed. "My time is now coming to an end here. I need to return. Take care ____." She placed a gentle hand on my face. As if she was giving me some spiritual life force, I felt warmer. My body hurt less. In a blink of an eye, she vanished from my sight.

"Farewell...Kisara." I whispered. Feeling more energy inside me, I stood up. " I don't feel the pain that much anymore..I guess I can go out?" I was sure my wounds were still there, but the pain was so dull. 'Kisara..' It must have been her doing, and thankyou gift for saying her wish to be lover.

Brushing out my locks, and fixing my clothing. I stepped outside of the room. It was dead quiet here. Atem wasn't kidding that this was a really peaceful healer's location.

I wondered where the king was. Could he be on his throne? I shuffled down the halls, and slowly poked my head into Seto's room. He was certainly in there. Thought laying facing the wall.

I was about to leave when a sharp voice made me freeze. "What?"

I gulped. It sounded like Seto. How could he possibly figure out it was me? he wasn't even facing me for god's sake. "Do not just stand there, answer me. Why are you here?" He still didn't move. He seemed less grumpy though.

"I.." I cleared my throat. "I wanted to see how you were faring?" Seto stayed quiet for a moment. As if wondering what to say. "Shouldn't you be resting?" He finally said something. I was hard to tell if he was laughing at me or not.

"W-well..I feel fine."

*Cricket noises*

'Man Seto had a hard time processing this.'

"Very well, I won't tell the Pharaoh you snuck out."

'Feww...'

Seto rolled over on his bed and glanced at me. He looked tired but, not that bad at all. Maybe more pale than normal. "Something wrong..?" I dared to ask. He blinked his sharp ocean-blue eyes. "Why is it you smell of candles?"

"There are a few in my room."

"....." He only looked at me and didn't say a word. "W-would you like one?" I tried to be nice to him. His silence made me mentally roll my eyes. I scooted out into the hall, leaving him there on his bed, looking at the door as I walked out.

He let out a frustrated sigh. He knew it was wrong that I was on my feet, but he had no strength to do anything about it. Seto didn't even tell Mahad that he had a fever.

Seto watched as I stepped back into the room with a candle in my hands. 'Maybe this will make him feel better?' I slowly stepped closer to him and placed the little source of light on the side table.

He glanced at it, then back at me. The look in his eyes told me he was thankful. Yet for some reason, he couldn't say it in words. Thinking it would be improper. "W-well...I will let you rest sir." I tried to walk away when he suddenly swung and arm out, grabbing mine.

I began to shutter. Was he mad at me??

"What's wrong Seto..?" He quickly let go of my hand, remembering how the Pharaoh had a way closer attachment to me than him.

"I...can feel that man's, emotions. He's nearby. My other self."

"Kaiba." I stated.

" He seems to be hurting still. I can't seem to reject these emotions. Maybe you should speak to him."

I was shocked, Seto seemed to be asking for my help. "Are you in pain because of him??" I still stood with my back to him. "Not completely...but I am also wounded. It's confusing, I can not stand it."

I took in a deep breath and turned to face Seto. "I saw Kisara."

"What?!" He gasped. He looked like he didn't want to believe me. "It's true, she wished you a good recovery."

"Hmmm now I understand. This strange feeling."

"What do you mean?"

" You came in contact with Kisara, the white- dragon. She must have done something because there is no way you are not in pain. Your wounds are too much for a mere human to heal so fast." Seto's eyes looked emotional as if he was slightly breaking inside. Frustrated that he let himself get so beaten up.

I understood now, what the brunette meant. He averted his eyes and looked at the candle. "I thank you for that light. Now go."

I lightly bowed my head to Seto. "Alright, sir. Feel better...even if that's the last thing you want to hear from me."

I quietly left the room, feeling a bit bad for Seto. He felt like crap, in many ways.

After I left, Seto lay there peacefully looking at the candle he was given. He couldn't admit it, that he was having broken sleep since the accident. His nightmares haunted him, about being weak and helpless.