🌹I Want To Be Strong Like You🌸

Start from the beginning

As if sensing my slightly nervous emotions, Atem walked back to me and started speaking to the women. Eyeing the item she had placed in my hands. I was going to give it back to her because there was no way I could pay for it.

"S-sorry I can-" I began to mumble, forgetting she probably didn't understand me. I was going to place it back on the table when Atem's hand stopped me. I froze at his sudden gesture.

"No." He spoke. I turned my head and looked up at him with questions flooding my head. The woman said something and smiled. Atem slightly nods and smiled in return.

"W-what is she saying..?" I was afraid to ask.

"She believes this bracelet would look nice on you."

"Wwwhhatt...?"

"Tell me, do you like it??" Atem asked me. "Y-yes....but I can't buy this, I don't have the money they use here." I began to place the jewelry down and started to walk out of the store. giving the woman an apologetic look. 'Sorry...'

I stepped outside and took my horse from Seto's grip, and got on. Shortly after Atem came back out, he had a small fabric wrap in his hand. He gently placed it into the saddle bag he had. He glanced at me for only a moment. His face told me to let's keep going.

Not long after there was some commotion happening down the street. There were some thugs fighting with people. They were shouting and yelling while pulling punches at each other. Seto sneered and rode up ahead of us. He began to shout.

"Halt! in the name of the Pharaoh!"

Suddenly a rock starts flying up toward Seto.

"Seto..!" Atem shouts. "Mind your own business!" The leader of the thugs hissed. This made Seto angry. "Who do you think you are, throwing stones!?"

I felt a shiver hit me from Seto's sharp words. I was a couple of steps behind Atem. When an arrow nearly hits Atem. I gasp in horror as his horse begins to rear up on two feet.

"How dare you attack the Pharaoh!"

I saw another person in the shadows trying to aim at Atem. "NO!" I quickly grabbed Atem's arm and yanked him off his horse, causing the arrow to miss him. However, Atem ended up knocking me to the ground with his body. "____!? are you alright?"

I shake my head a bit, feeling the sting of the ground. I only looked up for a moment and saw that we were surrounded by things, ones that were armed to the teeth. 'Shit..' I began to pull my sword out from my side. "___..! no you can't."

"Seto! we need to clear a path for Atem NOW! So he can escape. They are after him now."

"I can't just let you fight with a sword!" Seto and I were back-to-back guarding Atem. He Pharaoh waited for our signal to flee. However, he did not want to leave me here alone with Seto.