PASSION - PT 1

Marinette wakes up for school on Monday morning and yawns. 'Morning Tikki' she says to her Kwami.

'Morning Marinette' Tikki smiled. 'How'd you sleep?'

'Very well, I had a nice dream about Luka...' Mari sighed as she got up and looked at her phone just as it beeped with a message from him.

Luka: "Morning beautiful. 😘 How'd you sleep? ❤"

Mari smiled and called him instead.

Luka: "Hey angel. Couldn't wait to hear my voice?"

Mari: "(chuckles) Yeah... And to tell you I love you!"

Luka: "Aww, I love you more!"

Mari: "(chuckles) Impossible! I love you most! Anyway, I'd better get ready for school."

Luka: Yeah, me too. Wanna go for an afternoon walk after school?"

Mari: "Sure! If I don't have much homework. Gotta hand in my dolphin report today."

Luka: "Me too. I'll walk to school again and meet you outside DuPont. But if you have too much homework, I'll just walk you home. How does that sound?"

Mari: "Perfect my prince. See you then! Have a great day!"

Luka: "You too my melody. Bye!"

Mari: "Bye!"

She hangs up and has a shower and gets dressed for the day. Then goes down to breakfast with a towel around her hair while it dries while she pours herself some Cheerios.

'Morning sweetie!' Sabine said as she pours Marinette some orange juice. 'I love how responsible you are now. There was a time I would have to yell upstairs that you would be late for school. Now, you're so organised!'

'What can I say mom, I guess I've matured over the past couple of years!' Mari smiled.

'You certainly have. Into quite the mature young lady' Sabine said, kissing her cheek as Mari giggled.

'So, what's on the agenda today besides school?' Sabine asked her.

'Oh, well I'm going for an afternoon walk with Luka after school, if that's okay with you? I told him if we don't have any homework I can go' Mari smiled.

'Yes, that's fine. I would have said the same thing about the homework' Sabine replied.

'Like mother, like daughter!' Mari grinned as she finished her cereal and drank her orange juice.

'Your father and I will be interviewing potential candidates this afternoon anyway to help out in the bakery so we can go to appointments and birthing classes and for when the baby comes' Sabine says.

'Oh great!' Mari smiled. 'That will help a lot!'

'Yes. Sure you don't want to be here for that?' Sabine asked.

'I trust your judgement mom! I know you'll choose the right person for the job!' Mari replied.

'Thanks honey!' Sabine replied.

'I'll just do my hair and get ready for school!' Mari smiled as she headed upstairs.

Mari decided to put her hair up in two buns today, grabbed her dolphin report and came downstairs to put it in her school bag.

'I put your lunch in your bag already too sweetie! Leftover dumplings from last night, a banana, a bag of pretzels, a Strawblueberry Delight macaron and a peach iced tea' Sabine smiled.

'Thanks mom, you're the best!' Mari smiled, putting her backpack on her shoulders, and kissing her mom goodbye on the cheek.

'Have a good day sweetie!' Sabine smiles, waving her off.