S5 - DESTRUCTION - PT 4

When Ladybug got back to her balcony, slipped through the trapdoor and detransformed. Luka had just come back with a brand new tray of hot chocolate and Strawblueberry Delights to share. Marinette begins talking to Luka about the plan she formulated to capture Monarch.
Marinette sighs. ‘After that, Monarch escaped again. There was nothing left for Cat Noir and I to stop him.’ She sips her hot chocolate sadly.
Luka was in shock. ‘Wow, so we have a cataclysmed Monarch on our hands. But what was the key chain and the number “42” with the ice rink key and all that?’ he asked her, confused.

Marinette giggles. ‘I owe you an explanation for that. Ever since I became a guardian, I was always afraid that Monarch would capture one of the Kwamis and force them to talk. It was so risky to get the miraculous to other holders. What if they got lost? What if Monarch captured them? I had to figure out how to cover my tracks, in case Monarch ever forced a Kwami to reveal anything that could lead him to me.’
‘Smart!’ Luka smiled.
Marinette grinned. ‘Step one: I had to make sure I’d be warned if Monarch started looking for me. And what better person to warn me than Monarch himself?’
Luka chuckles. ‘You know I nearly had a heart attack when I saw Monarch in your room!’
Marinette giggles. ‘Oh, I’m sorry, Luka. Seriously, I never thought he’d show up when I had company!’
They both chuckled together.
‘But, you made my plan even more credible, Luka! Your reaction was perfect, because you didn’t expect it! And, I really appreciate you sticking up for me...’ Marinette replied, hugging him.
‘Anytime my angel' Luka smiled, hugging her back.
‘And also mentioning you’re no longer the snake miraculous holder? Genius!’ Mari smiled, kissing his cheek.
‘Aww, it was nothing' Luka blushes.
‘I knew I had to get him out of my room as soon as possible to transform. And that’s why I’d come up with the idea of the key ring. So I went to the ice rink as Lady Ice and met up with Philippe....’
She explains to Luka about suggesting to Philippe about posting photos of famous people. And setting up the notifications of each time Philippe posted a new photo.
‘So clever!’ Luka smiled.
Mari blushed. ‘And Monarch’s little detour to the ice rink gave Cat Noir and I time to set up the trap at the Grévin Museum.’
Luka smiled. ‘The scavenger hunt idea was genius. But, how did Cat Noir know to meet you there?’
‘When I formulated my plan, I simply told him on patrol one day: “The day Hawk Moth shows up at the rink, you’ll have to meet me at the Grévin Museum immediately.” By using the same phone notifications as I had set up. But I also had to ask him to keep a little piece of paper in his bell with a “message” for Monarch.’
Luka laughs. ‘You mean Cat Noir’s been walking around all this time with a paper that says “Half-wit” in his bell?’
Marinette grins. ‘Mm-hmm!’
Poor Adrien Luka chuckled to himself.
‘So there never was a real address?’ Luka asks her.
Marinette grinned. ‘Nope. And I knew that if they’re captured by Monarch, they would be forced to tell him how to find their way back! So I trained them in what to say. Like in asking for the gift. And be cryptic. Like, just follow the smell of croissants! But I also knew there was nothing keeping them from adding a little something. They improvised a little in their own way, but, they were perfect!’
Luka smiled. ‘But I thought the Kwamis had to tell the truth?’
‘What? It was the truth. Didn’t Ladybug really give Marinette Dupain-Cheng, Philippe, and Cat Noir a way for the kwamis to find their home, and cause Monarch to fall into her trap?’
Mari sighs. ‘But the Kwamis never came home. My plan failed...’
Luka took her face in his hands and gently stroked her cheek. ‘Are you kidding me? How can you say something like that? You came up with the most extraordinary plan ever. Monarch shows up in your room and he ends up cataclysmed. I wouldn’t call that a failure. It proves that you’re only the most amazing superhero the world has ever seen. I’ve always known you were an extraordinary girl Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And what you have accomplished tonight, proves it.’
Marinette smiled. ‘You… You think?’
‘I don’t think, I know. Yes, you didn’t get the kwamis back. But it’s only a matter of time. I know it.’
Luka kisses her forehead as Mari giggles.
‘And here I was wondering how I could help you without superpowers. But, you don’t even need me’ Luka smiled.
Marinette shook her head. ‘Of course I need you. The one superpower you’ll never lose is the power to be the best boyfriend ever!’
‘And I’ll be here for as long as it takes, my sweet melody. Monarch can come up with whatever evil plans he wants, but that’s the last time he threatens you on my watch.’
Luka leans in and kisses her passionately, running his fingers through her hair as Mari reaches her hands up to Luka’s soft, blue tipped locks, finally pulling apart.
‘I love you Luka Couffaine' Mari whispers.
‘I love you too, Marinette Dupain-Cheng' Luka whispers back as they stare lovingly into each others eyes.
Tikki watched on, smiling at them as she at a Strawblueberry macaron.