INCEPTION (BONUS EPISODE) - PART 1

Shoutout to JJBOI02 for their awesome idea for this episode! I hope you enjoy it!

Luka was tossing and turning in bed on a Saturday morning. He was having a nightmare.

In it, he saw Monarch unleashing hundreds of Akumas towards him.

'Ha! Do your worst Monarch! I can't be akumatised!' Luka grinned.

'Oh, really?' Monarch grinned. 'Are you sure about that?'

'Yes! Because I'm protected from your wretched Akumas!' Luka replied determinedly. But then he looked down and noticed something missing.

Luka gasped. 'No! My necklace! It's gone!'

Luka looked worriedly up at Monarch as he chuckled an evil laugh. 'Missing something, Luka Couffaine?'

Luka fell on the ground, trying to feel desperately for the necklace in case it was nearby.

'Now you cannot escape my Akumas boy! And I now have the power to read your mind as soon as my Akumas touch you! So, I can find out all you know about Ladybug and Cat Noir!'

'NOOOOO!' Luka cried out as the Akumas swarmed around him.

Luka woke up and jolted upright, in a cold sweat, breathing heavily. He grasped the necklace around his neck so tightly his knuckles turned white.

Juleka gasped at his sudden awakening as she was sitting at the dressing table brushing her hair. 'Geez Louise bro, what are you trying to do, scare me half to death? Speaking of which, you look like you've seen a ghost.'

Luka sighed, finally settling down. 'I just... had a nightmare is all.'

'About Marinette?' Juleka asked.

'Something like that...' Luka breathed.

'Aww! You should go see her. Put your mind at ease' Juleka suggested. 'But have a nice relaxing shower first' she suggested, hugging him, and kissing his cheek.

'Good idea sis' Luka smiled. She was always good at cheering him up. He felt somewhat better after a shower and then texted Marinette.

Luka: "Morning angel! I have no deliveries scheduled this morning, so I was wondering if I could come over for a bit."

Mari: "Sure! Sounds fun! You wanna do anything in particular... or?"

Luka: "No, I mainly just wanted to talk to you about something in person"

Mari: "Everything okay?"

Luka: "Yeah, just had a nightmare about you is all"

Mari: "Aww! I'm sure a hug from me will make it all better!"

Luka: "I hope so melody! See you soon ❤️"

Mari: "Okay! ❤️"

Luka gets an apple out of the fruit basket on the kitchen counter and eats it on the way over to the bakery.

Luka greets Tom and meets Celeste in the bakery.

He goes upstairs and knocks on the door and Sabine answered.

'Hello Luka!' Sabine greets him. 'Would you like some tea? I'm just making some.'

'Oh, no thank you Mrs Dupain-Cheng' Luka replies. 'I'll just head on up to see Marinette.'

'Of course! Go on up!' Sabine smiles.

'Thank you' Luka replies as he climbed up the stairs to Marinette's room and knocked on the trap door.

'Come in!' Marinette called from inside as he opened it up.

'Hey' he breathed.

'Hey' Mari replied as Luka closed the trap door and walked over to her and hugged her tightly and quietly started to cry.

'Heyyy.....' Mari whispered, rubbing his back soothingly. 'Sssshhh.... it's okay. It was only a nightmare....'

'I know.... It just felt so real' Luka whispered.

'Tell me what happened' Marinette replied, breaking out of the hug as they sat on her chaise lounge. 'Leave no details out.'

'Okay' Luka said as he took a deep breath and told her the nightmare, word for word.

'Wow, no wonder you were scared' Marinette replied. 'But don't worry' she smiled. 'I'll do my best to put your mind at ease.'

Luka smiled gratefully as Tikki spoke up.

'I may have an idea' Tikki said.

'What is it Tikki?' Marinette asked her Kwami.

'I know of an ancient inscription on the Ladybug holder monument in the museum' Tikki began. 'It's supposed to be a spell that protects someone from the effects of an Akuma, without the need for a magical charm. However, none of my previous holders have ever attempted it as it can have unknown side effects. But they wear off after a few hours.'

'I'm willing to take that chance' Luka said solemnly to Marinette.

'But you never take the necklace off anyway' Marinette replied, holding his hands in her own.

'That doesn't mean I can't accidentally lose it angel' Luka replied. 'And in the possibility that Monarch's power is stronger and he could read my thoughts when I'm akumatised, I don't want to take that risk.'

He caressed her face with his hand and smiled. 'Please let me do this. I want to protect you. And Cat Noir.'

'Okay' Marinette smiled. 'I guess it's time for a trip to the Louvre!'

Marinette told her parents they were going out for a while and walked over to the Louvre Museum.

Luckily the room where the Ladybug holder monument was empty, so Luka kept watch at the entrance to the room, while Tikki poked her head out of Marinette's purse, helping her look for the correct incantation.

'Which one is it Tikki?' Marinette asked her Kwami.

'I'll know it when I see it' Tikki replied. 'It's been a while since Master Fu told us about the spells.... there! I think this is the one!'

'You think or you know?' Marinette whispered.

'I'm 90% sure this is the one. Once we translate it back in your room we'll know for sure!'

'I hope so Tikki, I don't want to have to come back! I promised to babysit Ella and Etta later on for Alya.'

She took a photo of the incantation on her phone. 'Got it Tikki! Let's go!' Marinette said as she walked back to Luka.

'All good?' Luka asked.

'Yep! Let's go back to my room and decipher this!' Mari smiled as Luka took her hand in his as they walked back to the bakery.

'Did you have a nice walk you two?' Sabine asked them.

'Oh, yes we did!' Marinette replied. 'Luka is going to help me with a science experiment now so if you hear any small explosions, don't stress!'

'Just how big of an explosion are we talking here?' Sabine asked.

'Nothing major, I promise!' Mari replied.

'Just don't burn the house down honey' Sabine replied, sipping her tea.

'Don't worry Mrs Dupain-Cheng, I'll keep an eye on everything' Luka smiled.

'Such a responsible boy' Sabine smiled as they went upstairs to Marinette's room once again.