ADORATION - PART 6

As their next classes were in rooms next to each other, Joshua and Owen walked down the corridor together.

‘Are you sure Zoe likes me?’ Owen asked Joshua.

‘Of course she does amigo. What’s not to like?’ Joshua smiled.

‘But she seems to be going out of her way to avoid me lately...’ Owen replied, furrowing his brow.

Joshua remembered what Amber had texted him.

‘She’s just playing hard to get!’ Joshua grinned.

‘Hard to get?’ Owen repeated with a raised eyebrow.

‘Sure! You wanna win the heart of the girl, you gotta work for it! Sweep her off her feet!’ Joshua smiled.

‘Wait, wait, wait’ Owen says making them stop walking for a second at a junction. ‘How am I supposed to do that?’

It was at this point that Penelope happened to be walking down the corridor, trying out the recording feature on her Alias ring as she walked to her next class.

‘Testing, one two three!’ she said as she played it back.

“Testing, one two three!” she played back.

Is that what I sound like? she thought to herself as she pressed record again just in time to hear the rest of Owen and Joshua’s conversation as she listens behind the wall.

‘Owen, look, the Spring Fair is in a few weeks right? Why not ask her out to the school dance then? Buy her a bunch of her favourite flowers and surprise her!’

‘I don’t know...’ Owen replied. ‘I think I’d be too nervous! What if I come on too strong or overwhelm her and she rejects me?’

‘I know she won’t amigo, she adores you!’ Joshua smiled.

Owen smiled. ‘Okay...I’ll try!’

Penelope stopped the recording and sent it to Persephone excitedly and texted her.

Penelope: “Listen to this! I think Owen is planning to ask you out at the Spring Fair!”

Persephone: “Finally! I knew it was a matter of time! And what a perfectly romantic setting! Fate is finally going my way at last!”

Penelope: “Now you can finally have your love story! Does he even know your favourite flowers?”

Persephone: “I can always drop some hints before the Spring Fair! Eeeeeeee! I’m so excited!”

Penelope: “So happy for you sis!”

Persephone: “Just for that, you get the honour of helping me out after school, dear sister!”

Penelope: “Great, happy to! See you at the art room!”