PROTECTION - PART 3

Thursday morning arrived and Amber and the girls were at their dance class.

'I wonder where Miss Humphries is?' Kimberly sighed.

'I'm not sure' Amber replied. 'But we know the routine for the graduation ceremony. Let's just start practising.'

They practiced alone for a while.

But then the principal Mrs Jeffries walked by. 'What are you doing in here without a teacher?'

'She's not here miss' Arrietty replied.

'Oh, no...' Miss Jeffries said, suddenly remembering. 'I forgot to organise a replacement. Miss Humphries told me she's sick today with a bad cold.'

The girls looked sad.

'Well you can't be in here unsupervised' Mrs Jeffries replied.

'Aww...' the girls replied.

You may study in the library and do homework there. Or you are welcome to watch rehearsals in the auditorium'

'Yes miss' the girls replied.

'Hopefully our teacher is better by Monday' Hazel said.

'Yeah' Amber replied. 'At least our dance performance is a few weeks away. So we have plenty of time to rehearse. A day or two won't matter.'

'I might see how Persephone is going at rehearsals then' Ashleigh said.

'I might join you' Amber replied. 'I can see how Zoe and Owen are coming along.'

'Oh yes, I should like very much to watch Zoe and Owen do the acting!' Jameela smiled.

'Oh, if any of you are going to the auditorium, could you give this letter to Mr Hennessy? Save me a trip' Mrs Jeffries said.

'Sure miss' Ashleigh replied, taking the letter.

'Let's just hope Mrs Jeffries doesn't find out about the flash mob rehearsals after school!' Amber said softly to Jameela.

'My lips are sealed!' Jameela smiled.

'Lucky she tends to take off right on the last school bell anyway' Amber grins as they walk down to the auditorium.

They go down to the auditorium and Ashleigh headed over to Persephone who was sitting down looking bored on her phone

'Hey sis, where's Mr Hennessy?'

'Oh he went to fill his water bottle for the billionth time. Why? And why are you here?' Persephone asked. 'Shouldn't you be at dancing rehearsal?' she added, rolling her eyes.

'It was cancelled because our teacher is sick. I have a letter for him' Ashleigh said holding it up.

Persephone gasped. 'I know that insignia in the corner! That's Cours Florent, a prestigious talent school! Gimme that letter!'