TRANSMISSION - PART 9

After the battle, Scarabeetle quickly went back to the alleyway she was in before when Jessica transformed.

'Spots off' Scarabeetle said, detransforming into Aeon again. Tikki flew into her bag and ate one of her macarons.

'That was fun' Aeon smiled. 'But I do miss my own powers as Uncanny. And I guess the plan to give Marinette and Luka more time together didn't really work that well because Black Shadow was Luka.'

Tikki gasped. Seriously? I need words with that cheese munching nincompoop! Tikki thought to herself as she munched on her macaron in frustration.

Eagle soon came and landed in front of her and she detransformed back into Jessica and Liiri flew into her jacket pocket to eat some beef jerky, her favourite food.

'How did it go?' Aeon smiled.

'Great! We had a mysterious new Ladybug and black cat miraculous holder, it was certainly interesting!' Jessica chuckled.

'Sorry I missed it' Aeon smiled as they walked out of the alleyway.

'You shoulda seen them sis, they were superb! Especially the Ladybug hero, Scarabeetle! Very impressive!'

Aeon looked away and blushed slightly as Tikki giggled quietly to herself.

'Can I have another macaron please?' Jessica asked as Aeon reached back into her bag.

'Sure sis' she chuckled.

Black Shadow meanwhile, leapt back up to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

'Claws in' he said, detransformimg back into Luka.

Mari smiled. 'Saw on the news you did amazing!'

'Yeah, though still haven't used my cataclysm yet. We realised early on that it wouldn't have worked with the villains' invulnerability.' Luka smiled, giving Plagg a piece of cheese from his pocket. 'Scarabeetle, Eagle, Grey Wolf and I all thought outside the box. All thanks to Grey Wolf's teamwork power.'

Plagg grinned. 'He did wonderfully!' he said as he gulped down his cheese. 'My regular holder couldn't have done a better job.'

Mari smiled. 'That's wonderful news! And I suppose that's a good thing. I didn't even get to tell him I would be switching holders for a while. He wasn't too impressed last time when you were LordBug!' she chuckled.

Luka chuckled too. 'Yeah, that's true. But we became good friends at the end.'

'Did I hear the news report correctly there were five miraculous powers being used?' Mari asked him.

'Yeah, he could use invulnerability, shelter, clout, teleportation and multiplication' Luka replied.

'There must be some link. Something we're not seeing...' Mari replied, furrowing her brow.

'Let's get the group to look into it at the next Resistance meeting' Luka suggested.

'Great idea!' Mari smiled.

Plagg sighed. 'I don't know if I'm going to hear the end of this from Sugarcube though...'

Mari and Luka laughed.

'Aww' Mari says, scratching Plagg's head behind his ears.

'Ooh, that's nice. A Kwami could get used to this!' Plagg grinned as Luka and Mari chuckled.

Then Mari starts to shiver. 'Are you cold angel?' Luka asks her. 'Here.' He puts his jacket on her and hugs her with his jacket hoodie he wears underneath.

The strong smell of his cologne overpowered the cheese. Mari sighed in his arms.

'You're so warm...' Mari says as she starts yawning.

Luka chuckled softly. 'Is my melody tired?' he whispers.

'Mmm-hmm...' Mari smiled in response, snuggling into his chest.

Luka chuckled as he kissed her hair.

'Let's get you home then angel. Come on.'

He led her back down the elevator and back to his bike and they put their helmets on and Luka put his guitar in the front basket. She held on tight as he cycled her back to the bakery.

'Here we are. Home sweet home' Luka smiled.

'Aww, already?...' Mari smiles. 'Although I kinda wanted to kiss you in your super hero outfit.'

Luka blushed. 'I know angel. But after what happened to Cat Noir, we shouldn't be too complacent.'

'Yes, that's true' Mari nodded in understanding.

'Besides, it's still me, no matter what suit I'm in' Luka whispered.

'So true...' Marinette blushed.

She took off his jacket and held it out to him.

'Keep it' Luka smiled.

'Hey, I'M in here!' Plagg replied. 'Unless you want your girlfriend to be LadyNoir!'

'Oops' Luka chuckled. He takes his jacket back.

Mari giggled too. 'I'd need the ring for that anyway. Besides, I still have the hoodie you gave me on Stay Peachy day. I sleep with it on sometimes. It.. reminds me of you...'

She blushes as Luka smiled.

'Aww. Goodnight angel...' Luka whispers.

'Goodnight my sweet prince...' she replied and they lean in and kiss each others lips softly in the pale moonlight.

When she got inside and greeted her parents she went up to her room for a bit and she got a text from Aeon

Aeon: "Hey Marinette"

Mari: "Hey Aeon, I saw on the news you did great today!"

Aeon: "Thanks. Yeah, it was fun. But I don't think Tikki's plan worked out that well."

Mari: "Yeah...bad timing I guess! Ordinarily it would have worked out fine!"

Aeon: "Do you mind if I return the miraculous and Tikki tomorrow morning? It was fun, but I miss my own powers. I didn't want to transform as Uncanny. I wanted to keep my identity a secret and thought my sister might catch on and guess who I was."

Mari: "Of course, that's absolutely fine. And thanks again for doing such an amazing job!"

Aeon: "Thank you. Jessica and Zoe are seeing a movie tomorrow morning so I will be alone in the hotel room from 9am."

Mari: "Great, I'll come and see you there at 9."

Aeon: "See you then."

They deleted all the messages for security purposes.

THE END