JUBILATION - PT 3

Meanwhile, in the Agreste mansion, in Gabriel's atelier, Gabriel is on his monitor formulating new designs for his brand when his Alias ring blares, which alerts him. He then proceeds to his lair.

'Alias, what's happening?' Gabriel asks.

Alliance Emilie: "Warning threshold exceeded. Data beyond normal human capabilities have been recorded on an Alliance. Socqueline Wang. 135 kilometers covered between 11:02 am and 11:12 am. Lives in the Helsinki Tower, 13th arrondissement. 11th grader at Claude Monet High School. Winner of the Grand Prix gymnastics 3 years in a row."

'Ladybug's last appearance?' Gabriel asks.

Footage from the Alias ring, shows a coverage of Ladybug capturing the dinosaur. "Ladybug once again saved Paris today." Clara Contard reports.

Alliance Emilie: "Same time duration."

Gabriel grins. 'Hello, Ladybug. I've finally found you! Nooroo, dark wings, rise!' He transforms into Monarch. 'Now that I know who you are, let's see who I can send you.' He proceeds to read negative emotions from other people's minds.

He hears Mr Damocles: "Socqueline's right. Maybe I should just stop trying to be a hero and just focus on being a good principal."

Monarch grins. 'Ah, a poor lost soul discouraged from being a superhero by Ladybug herself. Perfect! Kaalki, your power is now mine!'

Kaalki's pod flies over to Monarch and comes contact with his ring with the horse emblem, which then sucks in Kaalki into the ring. A white butterfly goes into his hands and creates a megakuma.

'Voyage, my megakuma!' Monarch says, creating a portal for his megakuma which then teleports to where Mr. Damocles is walking, devastated. The megakuma enters the mask Mr. Damocles is holding.

Monarch speaks to him from his lair: "Darker Owl, I am Monarch. This young lady has diverted you from your true calling as a superhero."

'But what if she's right?' Mr Damocles replies.

"Except she's not just any young girl, she's Ladybug!" Monarch replies.

'No! She can't be! Ladybug has always supported me!' Mr Damocles replies.

Monarch grins. "That's what she wanted you to believe, but in reality, she's doing everything she can to stop you! She and Cat Noir believed that being a superhero is a right only to them. Unlike Ladybug and Cat Noir, I like to share."

'Daizzi, your power is now mine!' Daizzi's pod flies towards Monarch ring and touches the one with the Pig Miraculous emblem. 'Transfer!' Monarch presses the ring and transmits the power of Jubilation through Mr. Damocles' Alias ring. "I am giving you the power of Jubilation, with which you will trap your enemies in their deepest desires."

Mr. Damocles looks determined. 'I will cease Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous and there will be only one superhero left in Paris: the Darker Owl!' The megakuma takes over him and transforms him into the Darker Owl.

Meanwhile, back at the arts and crafts shop. Socqueline is setting up her Alias ring with Marinette.

Alias Adrien: "Return to Factory Settings. Hello, I am Alias. What is your name, please?"

Socqueline smiles. "There! Like new!"

Alliance Adrien: "Hello, There Like New!"

Marinette and Socqueline share a laugh.

'Phew. Alright, I'll be on my way now!' Marinette replies.

Socqueline calls after her. 'Marinette, wait!' Marinette stops in panic. 'Don't forget your mom's paint order!' Marinette exhales in relief.

Outside, by her scooter, Marinette puts the paint she ordered in the scooter's compartment and puts on her helmet.

'But... you didn't convince your friend to stop pretending to be Ladybug!' Tikki reminded her.

Marinette sighed. 'But how am I supposed to deal with that without telling her I'm Ladybug? How do you want me to talk to her without talking to her, and to unmask her without actually unmasking her?'

Tikki glares at her. 'Marinette...' she says in a scolding tone.

Marinette sighed. 'Fine. I'll go back...' She puts her helmet under the seat again and puts the keys in her pocket.

Back at the arts and crafts shop, Socqueline is still setting up her Alias ring.

Alias Adrien: "What is your name, please?"

Socqueline smiles. 'Socq—'

Just then, Darker Owl barges in the arts and crafts store which sends Socqueline in panic.

'Ladybug!' Darker Owl exclaims.

Alias Adrien: "Hello, Ladybug!"

Socqueline gasps. 'Mr. Damocles??'

'No. I am the Darker Owl and you're going to give me your Miraculous! Hoo-hoo!' Darker Owl replies.

Socqueline opens a voice recorder on her Alias ring from behind. 'The megakuma's in your mask, right?'

Darker Owl grins. 'Still as clever as always, Ladybug!'

'I'm not Ladybug!' Socqueline replies as she throws some painting materials at Darker Owl as he blocks them. She then runs to hide behind a shelf.

Darker Owl growls. 'That's exactly what Ladybug would say!'

Socqueline continues to throw objects at Darker Owl. 'No, I just dress up as Ladybug, that's all!' she replies as she sneakily rolls her Alias ring along the floor for the real Ladybug to find.

Marinette sees them fighting through the window and gasps. 'She's played Ladybug so many times that Monarch is onto her! We're too late, Tikki!'

'We'll see if you're really Ladybug once you've given me your earrings as a gift!' Darker Owl says as he uses the power of the Pig Miraculous by firing his gun at Socqueline and uses Gift, which shows Socqueline an illusion of Ladybug and Cat Noir:

Ladybug congratulates Socqueline. "Thanks for helping us!"

Cat Noir smiles. "We couldn't have done it without you!"

Ladybug, Cat Noir and Socqueline all together do a fist bump and say: "Pound it!"

Darker Owl approaches Socqueline while she is distracted by her illusion and snatches her earrings.

Darker Owl gasps. 'Nothing? No Kwami?'

Monarch speaks to him from his lair. "So this Socqueline is not the real Ladybug? But that doesn't matter, Darker Owl. She can still help us!"

Ladybug swings into the arts and crafts store. She looks around for Socqueline only to find Socqueline's Alias ring left on the ground, blinking. Ladybug picks it up and opens up Socqueline's recording while Darker Owl is holding her hostage.

Ladybug hears Socqueline's voice in the voice recording: "The megakuma's in your mask, right?"

Darker Owl: "Still as clever as always, Ladybug!"

The recording closes.