PROTECTION - PART 10

When Luka got back to the Liberty, he found he was in for a busy time too.

‘Right lad, off with ye kilt and socks, we gotta get them dry cleaned for tomorrow!’ Arnaka smiled.

‘Okay, I’ll go get changed in my cabin then’ Luka replied, as he headed off to his cabin and changed back into his jeans. Plagg meanwhile, put his cheese Luka bought in his cheese drawer and took a piece with him and flew back to Luka.

‘Back to the jacket pocket I guess!’ Plagg said as Luka opened his jacket and Plagg dove in. ‘Mmm, nice and familiar!’

Luka chuckled as he brought his kilt and socks out and gave them to Esme. ‘Thanks Luka!’ she said.

‘Before you go Aunt Esme, can I ask you for a favour?’ Luka asked her.

‘Of course Luka me lad, what do ye need?’

‘Well I was wondering...’ he began as he whispered his idea to her.

‘Of course me lad! That’s a grand idea!’ she winked. ‘I can pick em up with the dry cleaning tomorrow!’

‘Thanks Aunty Esme!’ Luka smiled.

‘Well, I’m off to the dry cleaners!’ she said as she headed out the door with Eloise and Skye in tow, happy for a shopping trip.

‘Luka, now you’re changed, do you mind helping me get the warming trays out of the cupboard? They’re on the top shelf. We’ll need em for the potluck lunch tomorrow to keep everyone’s dishes warm until we’re ready to eat’ Arnaka asked him.

‘Sure thing mom!’ Luka smiled as Jagged overheard and said, ‘I’ll give you a hand too son!’

‘Thanks Dad!’ Luka smiled as they got them down together.

‘Wow, how many of these does Nanarky have?’ Jagged chuckled

‘Quite a few!’ Luka chuckled. ‘She used to be part of a mother’s group and hosted potluck lunches all the time! That, and she never throws anything away.’

‘Wow, well this will sure come in handy tomorrow. I’d better go soon, I have to ask the hotel if they will let me use their kitchen tomorrow to make Toad In The Hole. I might need to buy the ingredients on the way back to the hotel’ Jagged replied.

‘Ever thought about moving to Paris permanently Dad?’ Luka asked him. ‘Now you’re no longer performing?’

‘I would like to son. I might rent somewhere first before I think about buying a place’ Jagged replied.

‘I’ll help you look’ Luka smiled.

‘Thanks son!’ Jagged replied.

Jagged went over to Arnaka. 'Did you really mean all those things you said to your Dad when he was akumatised Nanarky?' Jagged smiled.