PROTECTION - PART 12

The doorbell rang again and Zoe was at the door. Luka answered this time.
‘Wow Luka, you look amazing!’ Zoe smiled.

‘Thanks Zoe!’ Luka smiled.

‘I have my dish for the potluck I made this morning with some help from Alya’s mom at the hotel. Bacon and cheese fries, my favourite growing up in New York! So easy to make! At least Alya’s mom thought so too, she seemed relived when I told her what ingredients I had and what I planned to make. She seemed to be stressed about something when I first started to cook, but I’m not sure why! But anyway, where do I put this?’

 She seemed to be stressed about something when I first started to cook, but I’m not sure why! But anyway, where do I put this?’

‘Oh, you can warm it up in the oven Zoe, that’s fine’ Luka smiled. ‘Oh, if you can write your name on this sticky label with this Sharpie for a name tag and I’ll take this to the oven for you and come back and then take you to meet my family.’

‘Sounds great!’ Zoe smiled as she started writing her name on a sticky label and putting in on her shirt.

The doorbell rang again and Juleka answered it. It was Jagged, wearing the tartan sash and beret Flora had given him yesterday.

‘Hey my girl!’ Jagged smiled, giving her a hug. ‘I cooked my favourite recipe in the hotel kitchen, Toad In The Hole! Is there somewhere I can put it to warm up?’

‘Sure Dad, follow me to the kitchen’ Juleka replied. Don’t think he needs a name tag she thought. Everyone knows who Dad is.
‘Rock ‘n roll!’ Jagged replied as he followed her.

The doorbell rang again and Marinette answered. It was Baljeet and Jameela.

‘Hello Marinette!’ Baljeet smiled.

‘Lovely to see you again!’ Jameela smiled.

‘Great to see you too!’ Marinette smiled. ‘Something smells good!’
‘We have some lovely Indian dishes to share with you all!’ Baljeet smiled.

‘These are out favourites, made by our personal chef!’ Jameela smiled. ‘I have brought some Sev Puri Chaat, a popular street food in Mumbai!’

 ‘I have brought some Sev Puri Chaat, a popular street food in Mumbai!’