INTUITION - PART 1

When Marinette got to her room, she smiled as she read the postcard again and texted Luka.

Mari: “Hey my prince! Got your postcard!”

Luka: “Hi angel! Hope you liked it!”

Mari: “I loved it! Especially the holding you in my arms and kissing you all over bit! 😘”

Luka: “Yeah, me too! I can’t wait to do that for real. Hopefully soon! 🥰”

Mari: “I hope so too!”

The weekend had almost arrived and everybody was in good spirits on Friday afternoon after a long week of school. Although the pool and arcade had been a welcome mid-week distraction, they were glad for the two day break coming up.

Even Gabriel must have been in a good mood as he agreed to Adrien having afternoon tea with a friend.

Maurice dropped both he and Nino off after school at La Massara Cafe.

‘Alya suggested this cafe that opened up recently. She and the girls came here yesterday after the pool. She says their canollis are to die for!’ Nino smiled.

‘Sounds good, I’d love to try some’ Adrien smiled.

They got a hot chocolate each and four canollis, two apiece.

‘Not a bad little place!’ Nino smiled, sipping his hot chocolate

‘Not bad at all’ Adrien agreed, taking a bite of one of his canollis as he waited for his hot chocolate to cool down a little. ‘Mmm, they are good!’

‘I’m actually glad we have this chance to chat dude’ Nino smiled. ‘With school and the others around it’s hard to get some time to chat, just the two of us.’

‘Yeah, that’s true’ Adrien replied. ‘I wonder how Luka’s going in Glasgow? I should give him a call later.’

‘Why mention him?’ Nino snapped back, a slightly exasperated tone in his voice. Adrien was taken aback.

‘Huh?’ Adrien exclaimed.

‘I’ve noticed before he left your little “bromance” thing going on! Don’t think I haven’t!’ Nino replied.

‘It’s nothing like that!’ Adrien replied.

‘Then what is it?’ Nino replied. ‘Because it feels like he’s replacing me in the best friend role. That’s supposed to be my job!’

‘You are my best friend!’ Adrien replied. ‘There’s just some things that different people understand. You’re the fun loving friend who cheers me up when I’m feeling down. Kagami is my soulmate who I can express my love to. Luka understands the serious side of things, like my struggles with worrying about Nathalie. Does that make sense?’

‘Why can’t I be all those things to you as well? Well, not the love thing, I have Alya, but I can understand serious stuff as well as Luka can!’ Nino retorted.