DERISION - PART 7

Marinette had just finished telling the story of her past to her friends.

'Oh Marinette! What a horrible trick!' Alya said sadly.

'Chloe was the worst!' Rose said, angrily.

'Ya!' Juleka agreed with a furrowed brow.

'And the worst part is, I just saw him play the same prank on Ondine!' Marinette replied.

'That's it, he's going too far!' Kagami replied.

'What if Ondine gets mad and gets akumatised?' Mylene gasped.

'Let's go!' Amber replied as they hurried out of the changing rooms to the poolside again.

They get there just as Kim finishes telling everything to Ondine. She can't believe her ears.

'You did that to Marinette?'

Kim looked proud. 'Just like Chloe said: when you like a girl, you get on one knee, compliment her, and give her jewellery! Except that time, it wasn't for real! It was just a practical joke!'

He adds, in a dreamy voice: 'Chloe's the prettiest girl in the world and the funniest, too!'

Kim doesn't realize how much his words hurt Ondine. She doesn't refrain from laying into him.

'How could you say that in front of me, and do such awful things to me and Marinette?! Your behaviour is cruel and unacceptable!'

'Yeah Kim! You wouldn't like it if you were the one being pranked!' Rose pointed out.

But Kim feels wrongly accused. 'That's where you're wrong, I'd find it funny because I know how to take a joke! Unlike some people!'

'And how about when Chloe rejected you and broke your heart? How did that make you feel? That's the same pain we feel when we try to be sincere with you and you just treat it all like a big joke!' Marinette replied.

'Come on, loosen up you guys! It's like you can't even speak your mind, these days! Pfft...' Kim scoffs.

'So, we should let you hurt other people?!' Ondine replies indignantly.

Kim walks away, offended. 'Whatever. I'm the way I am and I'm fine that way! It's not my fault you guys have no sense of humour.'

Monarch's lair window opens. He has sensed Kim's negative emotions and grins. 'A free spirit feeling unjustly rejected? As an ardent defender of freedom of oppression, it is my duty to help him!'

He creates a megakuma and sends it via a portal...

As Kim climbs the stairs that lead to the changing booths, the Voyage portal opens. The megakuma comes out of it and enters his swimming goggles.

Monarch speaks to him from his lair. "Dark Humour, I am Monarch. We should be able to laugh at anything... and anyone. That is why I'm giving you the power to win people over with your unique sense of humour."

Monarch places his ring against Xuppu's cage. 'Xuppu, your power is now mine!'

Kim's Alias ring lights up, with the symbol of the power of the Miraculous of the Monkey.