DERISION - PART 11

Luka was still sharing his story about meeting Marinette with his grandparents.

'So, what happened then?' Flora smiled.

*Back to Flashback scene*

'I smiled at Marinette. I was glad we already had something in common. I noticed her fiddling with the pick she'd picked up from my pick display on my wall.

'You can keep it if you like, I have plenty!' I said softly to her.

'Oh! Thanks!' she replied, looking up at me, smiling shyly.

My gosh, why is she so adorable? I wondered to myself. But I thought I'd better head upstairs before the others started asking questions.

'Well, I guess I'd better go join the groove, you said?' I smiled.

'Did I really say that? Oh no!' she said putting her head in her hands.

I smiled fondly at her. 'You're a funny girl Marinette' I said, trying not to giggle as I walked upstairs.

I met Alya, Nino, Alix and Mylene as I walked up to the stage and I shook their hands. I started tuning up as Marinette came back upstairs and sat down next to Alya.

I looked at Marinette and smiled. I think she blushed as she smiled back.

Then it was time to start rehearsals. But Roger the police officer said that we were too loud and complained to my Mom.

Mom got angrier and angrier. Then she got akumatised into Captain Hardrock, a villain that wanted to only play her music and destroy all the others.

'Mom, you can't destroy the music festival!' I cried.

'You can't force people to listen to your music!' Marinette added.

But Mom wouldn't listen. She used her power to shoot chains around us and tied us up in pairs as the floor opened and we tumbled down into the hold.

'Ugh, ow!' everyone groaned.

'You okay Alya?' Nino asked her.

'Ask me in a minute when everything stops hurting!' Alya replied.

'Don't be scared Mylene, everything's gonna be okay!' Ivan said to his girlfriend. 'Thanks Ivan!' she replied.

'You okay Jule?' Rose asked. 'Ya, I just hope mom will be okay' Juleka replied. 'Ladybug and Cat Noir will come and save the day like they always do!' Rose replied. 'Don't worry!'

Of all the people there to be chained up with, I was glad it was Marinette. Like Jules, I was worried about Mom too, but I wanted to know if Marinette was okay.

'Are you okay Marinette?' I asked. 'You're not hurt, are you?'

'I'm okay. Are you okay Luka?' she replied.

'I'm fine. Just worried about my mom is all' I said sadly.

Marinette put her hand on mine and gave it a squeeze. I gasped quietly and blushed. I got butterflies again too.

'Of course, this must be the first time you've ever seen anyone akumatised in person before' Marinette replied.

'Yeah, I mean, I see Ladybug and Cat Noir defeat villains all the time on TV. I remember how upset I got when Juleka told me she got akumatised. But this is the first time I've ever witnessed it myself' I replied.

'It'll be okay, don't worry! I'll find some way to get out of this and get help!' Marinette said which cheered me up.

'Thanks Marinette!' I smiled. I squeezed her hand back as I blushed like crazy. Lucky she couldn't see my face.