DAVEY JONES - BONUS EP - PT 2

Meanwhile, at the Agreste mansion, Nathalie pulled up in a taxi with a suitcase.

She sighs as she pays the driver and gets out of the cab and looks up to a window where Gabriel happened to be looking out. As he looked down and saw her, he smiled. But she didn't smile back and simply walked up to the door.

Gabriel meets her downstairs as Maurice opened the door for her.

'Nathalie! You've returned! I can't thank you enough for reconsidering!' Gabriel said, wanting to hug her.

Nathalie puts her hand out to stop him. 'Let's get one thing straight here, Gabriel. I've come back for one thing and one thing only. I have come back for Adrien. I love him as my own son and I cannot bear the thought of him growing up without a female role model in his life. But your obsession with Emilie.... I know you can't be the father he deserves....'

Gabriel considers. 'You're right Nathalie. I know in my obsession to make our family whole again I have been neglecting Adrien as my son. But I want to change that. And that's why with the help of Tamoe Tsurugi I have invented the Alias rings. They will help me transfer the power of the miraculous to whoever wears one. Whomever I akumatise doesn't need to wear the actual miraculous to use their power, and in turn I don't risk them getting taken back by Ladybug. But... circumstances have changed recently and... while you were gone it made me do a lot of thinking. That I'm missing out on so much by not spending much time with Adrien.'

Nathalie sighs. 'He's only this age once Gabriel. Spend as much time with him as you can. You must. For his sake and yours.'

Gabriel smiles. 'You're right Nathalie. He's also at that age when he's deciding what he wants to do with his life. I've digitalised his image, so he is now free from his modelling duties as I know now that isn't his true passion. I would be happy with whatever he wants to do with his life. It's just... he just looks so much like Emilie. Whenever I see his green eyes it makes me think about my beloved Emilie and how much I miss her. But my son needs his father. From this point on, I am going to be a better father to Adrien. I want to go back to the relationship we had before Emilie's passing. I want it to be just like old times.'

'I'd like that too, Gabriel' Nathalie smiles, for the first time since she arrived. 'I'll head to my room now.'

'Of course, Nathalie. I haven't touched it since you left. And I know Adrien will be pleased to see you back. He hasn't stopped asking after you.'

'I'll be glad to see him when he gets home from school too' Nathalie smiled in reply as she turns and walks to her room.

Meanwhile, Marinette was finishing up biology class with Mrs Mandeleiev.

'I want your reports on your favourite animal by next Monday. That gives you a whole week to get them in. This is 30% of your grade so please do a good job on them' Mrs Mandeleiev instructed the class.

The bell rang. 'Class dismissed.'

Luka was finishing up a class too. He had an assignment as well and decided to text Marinette about it at lunch.

Luka: "Hey melody, how's your day going?"

Mari: "It's okay. How's Zoe doing on her first day?"

Luka: "She's settling in really well. Owen seems to have taken a liking to her 😊"

Mari: "That's encouraging to hear! 😊"

Luka: "Yeah it is. I was wondering, are you doing anything this afternoon after school?"

Mari: "Not really, well I do have an assignment to write a report on my favourite animal. But other than that, no other homework so far. Why do you ask?"