AGITATION (BONUS EPISODE) - PART 1

On Friday night, during a delicious dinner of Cajun chicken and garden salad, Marinette was telling her parents about the surprise Luka had for her the next day.

‘Luka has a belated birthday surprise for me tomorrow morning. He’s picking me up early at 5am for it!’

‘Wow, that is early!’ Sabine smiled.

‘Sounds exciting though!’ Tom grinned. ‘I’ll be up anyway to bake bread so I’ll make you some fresh croissants with jam!’

‘Thanks Dad!’ Marinette smiled. ‘I should check with Luka after dinner if breakfast is included in this surprise!’ she chuckled.

‘Good idea!’ Tom grinned.

‘But still, I’m looking forward to it!’ Marinette grinned. ‘I’d better get an early night, so I won’t be tired tomorrow! Got a full day!’

‘Really sweetie? What else is happening?’ Sabine asked as she finished the last bite of her Cajun chicken.

‘Well, at 10am, at the Tuilleries Gardens, our friends Amber and Jameela and her dance troupe are doing a Bollywood dance!’

‘Wow, that does sound exciting!’ Tom smiled, as he took the empty plates to the kitchen and put them in the dishwasher.

‘Yeah!’ Marinette smiled as she sipped her iced tea. ‘So Zoe, Alya and everyone want to be there to support our friends. And they’ll be doing a hip-hop routine later at 1pm at the same place too!’

‘Ooh, that does sound fun!’ Sabine smiled. ‘I hope the weather is good for it! I might even see if I can make it down in the afternoon for the second dance. Dr Andrews said I need to get more gentle exercise and spend some more time outdoors. What a nice way to spend the afternoon! As I’ll be busy helping Celeste serving customers in the morning, when it’s busy.’

‘Sounds great Mom!’ Marinette smiled. ‘I’ll walk over with you.’

‘Great honey!’ Sabine smiled. ‘A little mother daughter outing!’

‘Yep!’ Marinette smiled. ‘Then at 6pm tomorrow night I’ve got Amber’s birthday party too!’

‘Wow!’ Tom said as he brought out lemon meringue pie for dessert. ‘You really will be busy!’

‘Sure will!’ Marinette giggled.

‘Have you bought her a birthday present yet sweetie?’ Sabine asked, as Tom dished up the lemon meringue pie into bowls.