TWINFECTION (BONUS EPISODE) - PART 1

That Sunday evening, Jagged dropped off Juleka, Arnaka and Marinette at the Liberty again after seeing Luka off at the train station.

'It's late Marinette. We'll put your scooter in the boot of my limo and I'll take you home' Jagged insisted.

'Okay, thank you, Jagged' Marinette replied with a sad smile.

She said goodnight to Arnaka and Juleka as Jagged put her scooter into the boot of his limo as Marinette got into the front passenger seat.

'Thanks for the lift, I really appreciate it' Marinette smiled.

'No problem, Mari' Jagged replied.

Marinette sighed. 'I can't believe he's really gone.'

'Not for good Mari. I'm sure Ladybug and Cat Noir will defeat Monarch quickly and he can come back. They have all of Paris behind them wanting to see the last of Monarch. You'll see!'

Jagged smiled at her as Marinette smiled back. 'You're right Jagged, thanks' she replied. If only you knew how much I share that responsibility she thought to herself.

Meanwhile, earlier that evening, at the Agreste manor, Adrien had returned home from the Liberty in Tatsu.

Gabriel heard the front door open.

'That must be Adrien' Gabriel said to Nathalie as she lay in her bed.

'I'm glad he didn't come home with the doctor here. I don't want him to worry about me, I'm fine' Nathalie replied as she started coughing.

'The doctor said you have a fever, Nathalie. I'm just worried about you. Using a broken miraculous has played havoc with your immune system' Gabriel replied, stroking her hand.

'But he's a young man, he should be enjoying his youth and not worrying about me' Nathalie replied.

'Let me worry about that, you focus on getting better' Gabriel replied.

'Hello? Dad? Nathalie?' Adrien started to call.

'Get some sleep Nathalie. The medication should at least help with your fever.' Nathalie nods as Gabriel smiled to try to reassure her as he gets up and leaves the room.

Adrien saw him close the door to Nathalie's room.

'Dad? Is Nathalie all right?' Adrien asked, with a worried expression.

'She's...just feeling a little tired is all. It's best we let her rest for the moment' Gabriel replied, wanting to honour Nathalie's' wishes.

'Okay Dad' Adrien replied sadly, now feeling a little sad for two reasons. His closest friend moving away and his closest family friend seemingly getting worse.

'Anyway, let's talk about you. How was your day son?' Gabriel asked, trying to take his mind off Nathalie.

'Well, I went to Kitty Section rehearsals earlier. But one of my closest friends is moving away, so I'm a little sad about that.'

'Oh?' Gabriel replied. 'Who?'

'Luka, he plays lead guitar in the band' Adrien replied.

'Did he say why?' Gabriel asked.

Adrien had a strong feeling to not give too much away. He remembered Luka saying that Monarch knew he knows something that could help him defeat Ladybug and Cat Noir, but he doesn't know that Luka knows his identities. He wanted to keep that information on the down low, in case word spread to Monarch.

'Just a family emergency' Adrien replied. 'Seems Luka's grandparents run a farm and need some help urgently.'

'Ahh. But what about school?' Gabriel asked.