PROTECTION - PART 2

At lunchtime, Zoe and Amber had just finished history class.

'Think you could come with me to the thrift store?' Amber asked her. 'Might need a second opinion.'

'Sure thing' Zoe smiled. 'I bought a packed lunch today, turkey and Swiss cheese wraps. That'll be easy to eat on the way.'

'As luck would have it, I have wraps too' Amber smiled. 'Ham and cheese salad!'

They ate their wraps as they walked into the thrift store.

'Hey Bella!' Amber grinned as she greeted the store volunteer.

'Ambs! One of my best customers! Oh, and with a friend too!' Bella smiled.

'This is Zoe, my friend from school' Amber replied. 'We have a funeral on Thursday to support a friend and I need something to wear for it.'

'Ahh, so not your usual style' Bella replied.

'Definitely not!' Amber replied.

'Well, I'm sure we'll find something to suit your taste' Bella replied.

'Trust me, if it's black it won't suit my taste at all' Amber replied. 'But I must do it! For Adrien!' Amber replied determinedly.

'That's the spirit!' Zoe encouraged her.

As the shop was quiet Bella helped her pick out some black dresses and gave them to Amber to try on.

She came out of the dressing room showing Zoe each one.

'Too dressy...too frilly...too revealing....there! That's the one!'

'You think?' Amber replied, wrinkling her nose as she looked in the mirror. 'Ugh...I look like Wednesday Addams.'

'Great costume for Halloween!' Zoe replied

'Ew, heck no. I'd rather dress up as a clown for that. At least they're colourful' Amber replied.

'Anyway, all joking aside, it's very suitable for a funeral' Zoe replied. She looked at the tag. 'And only 10 Euros.'

'If you say so. I'm glad you're here, I wouldn't have been able to choose. They all look the same to me' Amber smiled. She quickly got changed into her colourful outfit, feeling a lot more comfortable. 'Ahh, hello old friends...' she sighed, hugging herself as Zoe raised an eyebrow.

'Should I leave you and your outfit alone or...?' Zoe chuckled.

'Hey, one thing you gotta know about me...' Amber grinned. 'Black isn't even on the cards for me. I don't even consider it a colour. Hence why I never wear it. But I want to be respectful and support Adrien so that's what I'm gonna do.'

She paid for the dress, said farewell to Bella and they ate their fruit on the way back to school, Zoe with an apple 🍎 and Amber with a banana 🍌.

'Least we got that over and done with' Amber said. 'And we still have twenty minutes left of lunch. 'Least I have science next class, so I'll get to sit down.'