MULTIPLICATION - PART 2

Ever since he was home Luka kept mentioning Marinette. He couldn't get the sweet girl out of head. He kept playing her melody on his guitar over and over.

Juleka came into their cabin one afternoon and smiled at the tune he was playing.

He had his eyes closed just focusing on the notes as he sighed and smiled, thinking to himself: Marinette, why does my heart yearn for you but my head not remember you? I hope to see you again soon...

He opened his eyes.
‘Oh, hey sis, sorry I was just thinking about Marinette’ Luka blushed. Juleka smiled.

‘It's no wonder you are’ Juleka smirked.

‘Huh? Why do you say that?’ Luka asked.

‘Well, because she's your girlfriend, duh!’ Juleka replied.

Luka gasped. ‘She is? And yet I can't remember that? What's wrong with me Jules?’

He looked at her painfully and Juleka's heart broke.

She hugged him.
‘Nothing is wrong with you bro. You do remember her, you used to play that song for her all the time.’

Juleka suddenly had an idea. She opened the drawer under his bed and gave him a scrapbook.

‘Look at this. Marinette gave you this for your last birthday.’

Luka looked through the pages slowly, seeing photos of him smiling and laughing with Marinette. He couldn't help but smile and his eyes brimmed with tears. She's so amazing and sweet he thought to himself. How could I ever forget such a beautiful girl?

He remembers the promise she made to him to come visit him.

Juleka was sitting at the dressing table, brushing her hair.

‘Jules, next time you see Marinette can you ask her why she hasn't been by to see me yet, like she promised? I miss her...’ Luka said sadly.

Juleka smiled. ‘Sure, I'll ask her to pop by after school tomorrow.’

‘Thanks Jules. And please, give her this note.’ He gave her a folded-up piece of paper.

‘Okay bro. I will.’

That night Tikki talked with Marinette about Luka.

‘How come you haven't visited Luka yet Marinette? Juleka texted you that he's been home for a couple of days now. Don't you miss him?’

Mari sighed. ‘Of course, I do, but he doesn't remember me Tikki. I don't want to upset him or get upset myself. I don't want to confuse him any more than he already is...’ She held his necklace in her hand as tears started to fall down her cheeks.

Tikki put her paw on her cheek. ‘I know Marinette, but you promised to see him. Don't you think he'll start asking after you?’

Mari sighed. ‘I can't Tikki....I'm not ready yet...’

A few tears fell on the necklace and it glowed slightly but neither Mari or Tikki noticed.

The next day at school, Marinette smiled as she walked up to Alya.

‘Hey Alya!’ Mari said.

‘Hey girl!’ Alya replied.

Juleka and Rose came up to them.

Alya smiled. ‘Morning girls!’

‘Morning Alya! Morning Marinette!’ Rose smiled.

‘How's Luka doing now he's back at home Juleka?’ Alya asked.