Palace Walls

Depuis le début

"Here goes nothing." I grabbed the rope and pushed myself off the ledge. 'Okay now land, I won't need to do this again after.'

Sticking my landing happily, I let go of the rope. This new look on the palace was already much cooler from above.

Now all there was left was two more platforms, and I was up on the wall.

"There, made it..!" I happily whispered. This wall was pretty wide, it was a lot safer.

( Time Skip)

It's been some time since I climbed up on this wall to relax

I suddenly see Mahad and Mana show up on the ground below. He must have been teaching Mana more magic. Sure Mana was pretty much Dark Magician Girl now, just like Mahad was Dark Magician. They roamed freely though as guardians.

As if Mahad suddenly sensed my presence nearby. His head suddenly shot up. It took him a few moments to notice where that presence was coming from. Then there it was his deep blue eyes landed on me.

I have been found.

Mahad's eyes widen in shock seeing me.

(Mahad's POV)

That strangest feeling hit me as if someone was watching us. "Hm? what's wrong Mahad?" Man blinked.

I shake my head. "Nothing to be concerned about I think, but..." I looked left and right. 'Could it be...above?' I turned my head up, and my pulse went up. There was____ perched on top of the highest palace walls. 'OH my ..RA. W-what is she doing!?' I wasn't mad, just shocked. That was also quite dangerous.

"Wait is that___! She's back! I had no idea." Mana started waving happily at ____. "AH yes, sorry about that. Just give me one moment, please. Practice that one spell I showed you."

(Back To Reader/My POV)

'OH no! H-he's floating' Mahad just suddenly started floating up to me. Of course, he could, he was Dark Magician after all. I stepped back in alarm, as he landed on the wall a couple of steps away.

He held a hand up telling me to relax. "As surprised as I am, it's alright. May I ask what you are doing up here?"

"I..just thought it would be fun to look out from here."

"I see, does he the Pharaoh know?"

"Um no.., he's too busy anyways to talk to anyways." Mahad walked up to me and placed a hand on my head. "Alright..., do you need any help getting off?"

"Well, I wasn't planning to yet." Mahad understood my words. He looked up at the sky. "How about.., when you are ready to leave. I'll help you climb off."

"I can do it myself." He smiled at me." Yes, I am confident you could, but if something was to happen. I do not want to see you or the Pharaoh hurt."

"I understand, okay. P-please don't tell anyone though. Especially Seto..."

"You have my word, I wouldn't want Seto getting angry at you."

(Sun Set Time)

Mahad returns when the sun was almost down. I spend the afternoon up there alone, peacefully enjoying the sight of people walking in and out of the palace. From the distance, I saw horses. I even spotted Atem going outside with Seto at some point. Of course, he was still busy though.

The flowing cloak he wore that time made me wish I could go too.

Mahad slightly bowed his head as he landed on the roof. "I am back now to take you home. Are you ready?"

"Sure, but you don't need to bow to me. I'm not royalty whatsoever."

"True, but when you live here with the Pharaoh as he himself said. You are just like us." His words warmed my heart a bit. He held out a hand to me. "Here I can easily fly you back."

Mahad picked me up, and just like that, we floated up off the ground.

A could seconds after we landed on my balcony. He put me down on my feet. "Well, would you like to see the King for a bit,  I can tell him you are back?"

-Until Next Time