Don't Make That Face At Me

Start from the beginning

"Hmmm.., I see." Atem walked into my room and picked up the Egyptian shoes he gave me. they were identical to his. Atem was pretty small in size for a man, compared to Kaiba. So his size of clothes fit me perfectly.

"I don't want to embarrass you, but I'll carry you part of the way if you want.." He set my shoes at my feet and stood up.

Making up my mind, I slipped on the shoes. "Alright..., but drop me as soon as we see anyone." He laughed a bit at the drop part. He would never actually drop me to the ground, but he understood.

' I guess Diva will be there, and Mahad. shouldn't be that bad right?'

"Ah here...climb on." He kneeled down with his back facing me. Swallowing my nerves I climbed up onto his back. He gently gripped my so I wouldn't fall, and stood up. One thing I almost forgot was the fact his hair was so spiky in the back. My face was almost touching it. As Atem started walking swiftly. Parts of his hair swatted at the tip of my nose. It was actually pretty soft, and smelt nice.

*Sniff* I tried to move my nose, so his hair wouldn't tickle my nose anymore. "Huh, what is it?" He called to me. "Ah nothing really..sorry. aha your..hair kinda almost made me sneeze."

Atem held back a laugh. I watched his golden crown shimmer a bit in the light of the palac. It always made me wonder if was a hassle for him to wear it. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course. What's on your mind?"

"Doesn't your crown...bother you? You were it all the time."

"Interested in my crown I see haha, well do be honest It can get heavy after a while. I take it off when sleeping, also when nothing important is happening."

"I see, well it's a pretty crown."

"Want to try it on___?" My breath just about stopped. 'Me try his crown on?? The guards would kill me.'

"I uh, wouldn't your people get angry?"

"Well I'm not sure everyone will like that, but it shouldn't be a bit deal. Plus I'll just tell them something else to ignore it."

"O-okay.."

"Oh right, that is the dining room. I think I should let you down now, alright?"

"Alright," He carefully placed me on the ground. "Just follow me to an open seat, you don't need to say anything." I nod my head a bit. He could see the worry in my eyes though. Atem opened the door up.

"The Pharaoh is here!" Priest Seto announced. His loud booming voice made me stomach drop. Seto's eyes then landed on me. "It seems Pharaoh has a guest." He stated. All eyes landed on me.

'UGH, couldn't you just shut up for once?' I remember years ago when I first arrived here, Seto was suspicious. I tried my best to follow Atem to our spot which seemed so far away. Mentally he was sighing at Seto's words. Sometimes it was Seto's tone he didn't like.

Finally, we get to our seating, after eyes checked both of us out. I didn't understand why, I knew some of these people already. Isis was here, Mahad,  I spotted Diva sitting a good few people away from me. I could tell he already didn't like Seto's voice either, the look in his eyes said it all.

Atem sat down after showing me my spot. He sat down on the single side of the table next to me. He let out a mental sigh, and begin to speak. His words were strong but kind.

"We may start now, enjoy yourselves tonight." Everyone began grabbing at food, left and right. I just sat there unsure of what to do and even eat. There were so many people here, I left a bit crowded.