johansson ~ f

~ psoriasis ~
i have a one shot with psoriasis already with nat but i had this happen to me today and i honestly felt the same so i wrote this to make myself feel better.
i had a different scarlett one shot i was gonna upload today, i might have it done later and upload then.
sorry if you can't relate to this but i low key struggle with it  all the time :(

•••

I groaned hanging my head low as i took a deep breathe. I was currently trying to apply this stupid cream to my scalp.

I have a skin condition called psoriasis which is the build up of skin cells that form scales and itchy dry patches. It's commonly found on arms or legs but mine is on my scalp.

It's incredibly difficult to put the cream on myself because i can't see what i doing or where i'm putting the it. I had noticed a few spots popping up at the edge of my hair line.

Meaning you could see them which i mean isn't the worst thing in the world but i'm really self conscious about it. Also my girlfriend Scarlett doesn't know i have it yet and i'm not ready to tell her. What if she thinks it's gross and leaves me.

We haven't been together for very long and it's the sort of thing you wait and tell a partner further into the relationship.

Anyways back to my situation, i have gotten the spots on my hair line making sure they were covered. I was now trying to get the spots on the back of my scalp which is why i was struggling.

I huffed dipping my finger into the cream before placing it on my scalp, well hair. I rubbed it in in the hopes of it actually getting onto my scalp.

I usually end up just kinda rubbing the cream around to ensure all the areas are covered. I mean i have to wash my hair in the morning anyway so if i get it all over my hair who cares.

~ time skip ~

I rolled awake to the feeling of a scratching towel against my face. I groaned sitting up immediately jumping out of bed.

I grabbed the towel i had wrapped around my pillow. I do that so the cream doesn't get on my nice pillow case.

I made my way to the bathroom immediately turning the shower on to wash my hair. I scrubbed my scalp with not only some special shampoo for psoriasis but also my own shampoo making sure all the cream was out.

When i hopped out of the shower i quickly dried myself before getting dressed for the day. I hadn't checked the time yet but i knew i was seeing Scarlett this morning so i needed to dry my hair.

Before i even started drying my hair i inspected the spots on my hairline to make sure they had gone away. "what?!" I exclaimed seeing that the spots were in fact still there and i mean noticeable to me so surely noticeable to other people.

"why didn't it work" I whined rubbing the spot that was on my temple just coming out of the hairline. "oh god" I frowned starting to get overwhelmed with the fact it didn't work.

I hung my head down gripping the counter tighter as i tried desperately not to cry. "i hate this" I muttered to myself before hearing a knock at my door.

I gasped quickly going to get my phone from my room. When i flipped it over it showed that it was already 9am. "damn it" Scarlett was here, i also saw a text from her saying she was on her way and then here.

"no no no, i can't- i-" I started getting even more overwhelmed at the thought of Scarlett seeing my skin and being disgusted.

There was another knock at the door, she was obviously confused as to why i wasn't answering. I ran back into the bathroom looking at my reflection again as tears started pricking at my eyes.