Godzilla Vs Fin Fang Foom

(Godzilla Vs Marvel Comics)

- Both are big kaiju

Godzilla

Abilities

Atomix Breath

Godzilla's signature weapon is the distinctive atomic heat ray he fires from his mouth. Godzilla's dorsal fins glow ominously, and then he lets loose with a concentrated blast of radiation from his mouth. Godzilla Filius and Godzilla Earth, who project the ray from the electromagnetic field in front of their faces, are the exceptions. This power is commonly mistaken for breathing literal fire, which Godzilla only does in the Marvel comics, Hanna-Barbera Godzilla cartoon, and other non-film media such as the Get Going! Godzilland OVAs.

The nature and intensity of Godzilla's breath attack has changed over the course of his film appearances. In his debut film and Godzilla Raids Again, the attack is known as the incandescent light (白熱光 hakunekkō), or radioactive spray (放射能噴出 hōshanō funshutsu) in the latter,[47] and takes the form of a stream of misty, superheated radioactive vapor. The incandescent light possesses less force than subsequent iterations of Godzilla's breath attack, but is hot enough to melt tanks, fighter jets, and metal structures. It also creates raging fires that can quickly consume entire city blocks. In Godzilla Raids Again, Godzilla uses his incandescent light to incinerate Anguirus after fatally wounding him with his bite. Starting in King Kong vs. Godzilla, Godzilla's breath attack became known as his atomic breath (放射熱線 hōsha nessen, lit. radioactive heat ray) or radioactive flame (放射火炎 hōsha kaen, lit. radioactive flame). The atomic breath is a focused beam of atomic energy which is typically neon blue in color. In the Showa series, Godzilla uses his atomic breath to destroy buildings and military weaponry, and to burn enemy monsters. In the Heisei series, Godzilla's atomic breath is portrayed as a powerful focused blue laser capable of causing large explosions and severely wounding some monsters such as Rodan and Battra when fired at point-blank range. According to the book Godzilla 1954-1999 Super Complete Works, the temperature of Godzilla's standard atomic breath in the Heisei series is 500,000 degrees Celsius.

In Godzilla 2000: Millennium and Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, Godzilla's atomic breath is orange instead of the typical neon blue, and is shown as having incendiary properties. In Godzilla vs. Megaguirus, it was strong enough to destroy a miniature black hole. In Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack, Godzilla's atomic breath returns to its standard blue color, but demonstrates impressive range and can generate a mushroom cloud upon impact. In Godzilla Final Wars, it possesses incredible range, amazing power and pin-point accuracy, able to hit and destroy a target in outer space and kill or disable most kaiju with a single shot. Godzilla has also demonstrated his ability to actually change the intensity of his atomic breath at will. This is first seen in Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla, when Godzilla's atomic breath changes to his red spiral heat ray to finish off SpaceGodzilla, and later in Godzilla Final Wars during Godzilla's battle against Keizer Ghidorah. With a quick turn, Godzilla's breath goes from the iconic blue beam to the red Burning G Spark Heat Ray, which literally causes the monster Keizer Ghidorah to explode in the upper atmosphere.

Spiral Heat Ray

A stronger variation of Godzilla's standard atomic breath introduced in the Heisei series was the spiral heat ray. This version of Godzilla's atomic breath is typically portrayed as much more powerful than his normal atomic breath and is wrapped in an electrical spiral. The first variant of this attack, simply called the Spiral Heat Ray (スパイラル熱線 Supairaru Nessen), is used by Godzilla in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah to decapitate King Ghidorah's middle head after his normal atomic breath was shown having little to no effect on his enemy. In this film, the spiral heat ray is still blue in color but is surrounded by a purplish spiral of energy. Before Godzilla fires the spiral breath, his dorsal fins are surrounded in blue electricity.