CHAPTER 21

~September 2011- October 2011~
Anna- 17
Harry- 17

~September 2011~

Anna POV:

Before we left South Carolina, mom had a couple different long conversations with me about how to move forward with life. So many people were saying ugly things about me, and still are, though it's no longer the top thread on social media. They're still angry with me for ruining Harry's reputation and there is a general consensus that he would be better off with out me.

When we did return to Greece, I was relieved that people had given up on staying outside our house (mostly because of the police presence there), but they sure hadn't given up on following me everywhere else I had to go. I could handle avoiding it, for the most part, until it started to happen to me at uni.

"Harry, they parked outside the Architecture building, taking pictures as I walked across campus from the other building, screaming about me being a whore and asking if we are together," I yell at him, though I know it isn't his fault. "They are following me everywhere, and even though Mark is with me, he can't stop them from saying things. And while we are on that subject- what freaking uni student has a bodyguard!?" I ask in so much frustration that I'm now shaking. My hand not holding my phone with a death grip is hanging at my side in a tightly held furious fist.

"I'm sorry. It should start dying down soon," he attempts to justify. I know it isn't his fault, and I know that charges have been brought against Luke, but the information is still out there and it is killing me. It is killing us.

All I knew was that I wanted out of the spotlight. So, seeing Harry doesn't seem like a good idea right now.

~A week later~

Anna POV:

--------------------

"Anna, I can't believe you don't want to come!" Harry yells into the phone.

"Harry, I don't know what you want me to do?" I beg, "but, I can't come to a concert and have everyone recognize me. I can't go anywhere these days without being followed and photographed."

"Please, Anna. I need to see you, baby," he says and pauses, taking a few deep breaths, and I can imagine he is holding his head down in his hands. "I'll make it work. We have private boxes. You can arrive through the backstage area at the stadium."

"Where will I stay, Harry?" I ask knowing that his house is surrounded by paps.

"We'll stay at a hotel in London. Under fake names. I promise it will work. Jon and his team know how important it is to me that you're here, and they have it all figured out," he says resolutely. "Trust me, Anna."

I think for a few minutes in silence. I'm angry that this even has to be an ordeal, but I am equally angry that I am considering not seeing him, just to keep the trolls he calls his fans happy.

"OK, Styles," I say, trying to lighten the mood, and ignore the 534 red flags going off in my mind. "I honestly can't wait to see you." I really can't wait to be in his arms, but I am scared shitless about what possibly being seen with him again would mean for both of us.

"Me too, my love, me too."

--------------------

~September 17th, 2011: Overnight~

Anna POV:

I flew to London via private jet accompanied by Mark, the body guard that Harry insisted I continue to have. We left Greece around 12:30am and are arriving at London in the very early hours of the morning. All of this being a part of the plan to get me to London unnoticed.