CHAPTER 23

****A/N- This is the same as Chapter 22, but from Harry's perspective. ENJOY, lovelies!

~ November 2011-August 2012~

Anna- 17-18
Harry- 17-18

~November 2011~

Harry POV:

Anna didn't want anything to do with me. She made that abundantly clear. She changed her number, disconnected the only email address I knew and never got social media back after the Darcy incident, meaning I had no way to talk to her besides showing up at her doorstep. So, on a brisk November evening, I knocked and hoped that she would at least hear me out.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. She came outside and walked me to a patio where she told me, through a screaming voice, that there was"nothing you could possibly say that will make me forgive you for breaking us."  I let those words sink in, as I watched her walk away from me, and I knew she was right.

I did this. I didn't deserve to be forgiven. Perhaps I needed to come here to see that she was clearly no longer mine.

I sat in silence for a while, probably hours for all I know, letting it all soak in until I heard Anna's mom carefully walk up to the patio, "Harry, where are you staying tonight?"

"I have a room at the Inn, and I changed my flight to leave tomorrow after I talked to her," I replied through puffy, tear-drained eyes. "I really am sorry that I messed this all up so badly," I apologized, so soft it was almost inaudible.

"You're young," she said placing her hand on mine, "and you and Anna didn't have a chance to be young with everything that happened," she admits in such a truthful tone. "I think you both need some space, Harry. I know you love her, and I know she loves you, and I hope that you will find your way back to one another, but you can't do that if you don't let her go, at least for now."

~January 11th 2012~

Harry POV:

I need to call Anna. I need her to know that I'm thinking about her. Yes, I'm busy with shows in London, but my thoughts have never wandered from thinking about losing Darcy a year ago today.

"Jon, there has to be a way to get a hold of her," I say with one hand on my hip and the other running through my hair as I pace the hallway with him.

"Harry, I'm not using the legal team to stalk her. If she wanted you to get a hold of her, you would know how."

"It's just...Today it has been a year."

"I'm sorry, Harry." Jon replies, but follows up with, "you know I still can't help you."

I pick up the phone to dial Maddie.

"Hey, Mads. How are you?" I ask her, trying to be interested in everything she tells me before I just beg her to give me Anna's new contact information.

"Harry, you know that I can't," she answers.

"Maddie, she lost the baby a year ago today," I tell her.

"Yeah, I know, Harry. I talked to her yesterday and she's doing alright. That's all you are getting from me," Maddie says in a serious tone.

"OK, I'm sorry, Maddie."

"I get it, but I can't be in the middle."

As a last resort, I messaged Mrs. Campbell, in hopes that she gives Anna the message. She replies, thanking me and saying that she'll pass it along. I know that I need to leave it at that.

~March 2012- April 2012~

Harry POV:

I took Mrs. Campbell's advice, as much as it broke my heart, and I let Anna go, or at least the idea of us being together anytime in the near future. I still knew nothing about her life, or what she was doing, which you would have thought made things easier, but it did the opposite. It had been a hard couple months, but I was finally to the point where I was ready to meet someone and see if I could move on, and the boys had pegged the perfect person for me as a distraction.