CHAPTER 16

~January 2011~
Anna-16
Harry- 16

Harry POV:

The past six months had been the most crazy of my life. From the airing of my first audition on X-Factor to Boot Camp and all the live shows, my experience on X-Factor was a wild ride, to say the least. I could've never imagined the craziness that would follow us, as One Direction, once we left the show. Simon signed us to his label almost immediately, and we were thrown into super stardom in a matter of weeks.

Anna and I had only been 'officially' dating for a couple of months. I no longer had the time to spend with her that I used to, so I figured making the commitment to be her boyfriend would show everyone, including Anna, just how serious I was about her. Unfortunately, my new life as a member of an almost-famous boyband made me look like a shitty boyfriend on my best days. Management told those of us that did have one, that having a girlfriend probably wasn't going to work out. I really hoped that didn't ring true for Anna and me.

I tried to make Christmas or New Years together work into our schedules, but we had so much planned that couldn't be moved on my end, and Anna was in Norway for the couple days that I could be in England with my family over the short Christmas break I had. I felt like I was constantly disappointing her. As if I wasn't already struggling enough, I got a phone call from Anna's sister, Sofie, in the middle of a meeting. I didn't talk to her often, so I made sure to answer when I saw her name pop up on my screen, as I tried to discreetly excuse myself from the meeting.

------------------

"Harry, have you talked Anna today?"

"Early this morning, yes. What's going on?" I asked concerned.

"You need to call her. Now." Sofie said, and the line falls dead.

--------------------

I take a deep breath, and press my finger cautiously over her contact. As she answers, I can hear her sniffling on the other end of the line.

--------------------

"ANNA! My love, what is going on?" I say frantically, pacing outside the conference room.

"He's dead, Harry." She barely gets out. "My Gramp just died."

--------------------

We have way too brief a conversation for this type of news, but of course I have a room full of people waiting for me to return to them. It kills me to hang up with her still full of so much pain on the other end. I have to figure out a way to make it to South Carolina.

~ The Next Day ~

Anna POV:

"How's Harry?" Sofie asks as she boards the plane with me in London. She and I both flew to London to catch our flight state-side together. Mom left a few days ago, to help Gram with everything, but she told us to finish the week out at school.

"He's good, but it's so hard to be in a relationship with someone that everyone else is trying to get a piece of." I reply in frustration. "We talk as much as we can, but it's usually at ridiculous hours of the night, and he is rarely alone, so that makes it hard to have a real conversation with him. And it's getting really hard to have conversations in the same house as mom, when the conversations are generally about how sexually frustrated we both are. It's like we both got to experience sex for the first time, and now it's been two months since I've been with him." I add, thinking about our last couple months.

I zone out, thinking over my last couple months with Harry. When he was home for Christmas, he only got a couple days off, and we were in Norway. We planned to have New Years together, but he ended up having an event planned and there was literally not enough hours in the day for him to fly to where I was. So, we tried our best to figure out a time for me to fly to London, meeting him where they had been working on the album, but then they moved everything to Sweden to record, so it just became an impossible thing to organize. Eventually, we stopped trying.