Anna 2- CHAPTER 60.5

*** A/N: This is a double update! Chapter 60 is before this, which covers February to July of 2023.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all so much for reading. If you have been here since the beginning, with meeting Anna and Harry in Holmes Chapel, you know how far we have all come together. I will forever be grateful for your support and your kind words.

Without further ado, I give you the SECOND HALF of last 15,500 words in the Anna series.

~ August 2023 to February 2024~

Anna- 29
August- 6-7!
Robin- 5-6!
Florence- 4
Hazel and Milo- 3

~August 5th, 2023 ~

Anna POV:

Tonight is Gemma's rehearsal dinner, but I need to make a quick stop at the hotel that Ale is staying at before we go there. "I'll be right back down, Tony." I tell him, hopping out of the car and running to the lobby. Of course, I am running late, but my hope is that Gemma knew I was going to be late and told me to be there thirty minutes before I needed to actually be there.

I hastily knock on the door and Ale answers. "You are going to be late," he says and I roll my eyes at him.

"I know. I didn't plan to get everyone organized by myself when I agreed to do the whole 'all five of my kids in a wedding' thing."

"You are far from alone, my jewel," he says, kissing my cheek and ushering me to sit down. "I know, for a fact, that Gemma told you the wrong start time so that you would be there with time to spare. Not because she cares if you're running late, but because Harry isn't here to do your make up so that you can get out the door on time."

"That only happened once, or maybe twice" I try to defend, remembering that Ale was there for the red Carpet for My Policeman that I nearly made us late for. "Did you get what I asked you for?"

"I did." Ale hands me the gifts I had him make for Anne and Gemma. First, for Anne there is a handkerchief embroidered with I Love You, Mum - Love, Harry, in his handwriting in red string on white. Next is a blue handkerchief for Gemma embroidered with I Love You, Gem- Love, Harry. Both presents took some creative editing because I had cards where he had written Mummy on the envelope to get Mum from, but we had to piece together Gem.

"And these," he says, handing me a small box. As I open the box, I see the pair of earrings I had requested. It was the pair that Harry wore one of to the MET Gala. When I saw the vintage dress that Gemma had chosen, along with the pearl necklace she was borrowing from Anne, I knew these would be the perfect earrings. "Now, you had better get going."

"Thank you, so much, Ale. Are you still coming over tomorrow morning with the outfits?"

"Of course. I will see you then," he says and I kiss both his cheeks as I run out the door.

"Perfect! We are starting in three minutes," Gemma says with a smirk and I hug her, whispering 'thank you' to her for telling me to be here early so that I didn't embarrass myself. The kids are standing with Tony and Viv and Marit. Tony's wife is also here for the wedding, to help with the five kiddos that need to be on their best behavior while I, their mother, am not able to.

The actual rehearsal is quick and relatively painless, then we are off to dinner. After some rather heart-warming speeches, the time to exchange gifts arrives. "I have a few gifts for you both," I say as I hand over the small bags to both Gemma and Anne. First, Anne opens the box that contains Harry's pearl ring. I had it resized at the jewelry store in Holmes Chapel because they had her ring sizes on file.

"Oh, Anna," she says, taking the delicate ring out to place on her finger. "It's perfect, thank you."

"There is something else, too." She digs into the bag and retrieves the tissue-paper wrapped handkerchief. As she opens it to see a hand-written message from Harry, she gets up to round the table and thank me in-person.