CHAPTER 31

~Day 4: August 15th, 2013~

Harry POV:

I rub my eyes, seeing the light beginning to creep up on the horizon and hear noises coming from in the living room. Before I can get out of bed to investigate, Anna opens the door, holding two smoothies. She's dressed in a sports bra and leggings, obviously having returned from an early morning run.

"Harry, baby, I want to watch the day start with you," she sweetly whispers to me, handing my smoothie to me as I reach out for her. I groggily get up out of bed and follow her to the dimly-lit patio. Despite being sticky from her run, I sit on one of the lounge chairs and motion for her to join me. She sits between my legs, and I wrap her in my arms. We sit on the chairs, watching the sun make the rest of its appearance in the sky.

When the sun has fully drenched all the surfaces of the beautiful landscape in front of us, Anna leans her head back against my chest with a sigh.

"I have a surprise for us today, I tell her. She hums, listening to me with her eyes still closed. "I found a tattoo parlor in BVI, and the guy who does all of mine in L.A. says that it checks out. I have a couple tattoos that I have been wanting for a while." I say. "It will need a couple days to heal, so I thought today would be a good time to do it."

"What do you want to get?" she asks.

"Some ferns, sort of in the pattern of a laurel."

She turns her head up towards mine, from her position rested against my chest. She gives me a strange look, "I'm all for new tattoos, Harry, but I think I'm going to need a bit more of an explanation. Is there a reason to get ferns?"

"Well, I have a tattoo that I got when I was young and dumb. It says "might as well..."

"Yes, Harry, I have seen it," she says sarcastically, knowing the tattoo is placed on my hip bone, usually only visible if you are together with me intimately. This trip,  we have had plenty of intimate interactions for her to see said tattoo.

"Well, I want to cover it up. I like the idea of two ferns that dance along the top of my pants," I say and pause. She smirks at me, rolling her eyes at the placement idea for the ferns.

"Hey, there is more than that, I defend. Ferns symbolize endurance and resourcefulness, and it is the perfect symbol for someone who is hoping to start a new journey, or go on a new adventure." I say, remembering how perfect I thought they would be when I started looking in to them. I have already had them drawn up and everything.

"So, you have thought it all through," she realizes.

I nod and wrap my arms tighter around her. "I thought you might want to get something?" I say suggestively. "Only if you want to, of course."

She thinks about it for a while as we soak in the heat of morning sun. I study her deep in thought. Her chest rising and falling rhythmically while her eye lashes flutter gently as she blinks in the harsh sunlight. I notice her lip turning when she bites it slightly, holding herself back from speaking just yet.

I continue to rub my hands on her warm exposed stomach for what seems like a very long time for her to be considering my suggestion. Then, she stops my hand from moving with her own and finally speaks, "I never thought about it before, but I would love to get my first tattoo with you."

"I would be honored to take your tattoo virginity," I say, with a wink towards her. Then I decide to add a little dig. "Seems like being with you for your firsts is something I'm really good at." I whisper against the top of her head.

She smacks my thigh, and scoffs. I stay silent for a few minutes, then she finally speaks, "I think I will get two butterflies. One for me, and one for Darc."