CHAPTER 5

~December 2008~
Anna- 14
Harry- 14
Ben- 16

Anna POV:

We have been in England for a little over four months now, and a lot has changed for all of the Campbell women.

Mom has become good friends with Anne. They connected over quite a few things, but Harry and I agree that their love of cats and wine are the two things that have made their bond the strongest. Mom loves her job at the school, and though she isn't my art teacher, Maddie tells me that she is quite fantastic as one.

Sofie is little miss popular. She joined the girls football team after Rose and Chloe talked to her about how much fun it is. She has always loved to run, so she's actually pretty good at being a mid-fielder. It has been fun to cheer her on when I am not at one of Ben's games.

Speaking of Ben, that is probably the biggest change for me. Ben and I officially started dating the beginning of November, after Harry and Maddie spent a month convincing me that I should try being more than friends with him.

With Ben as my first boyfriend, I feel like I am way out of my comfort zone with almost everything related to relationships. I talk to Maddie a lot about it, but Clara is as out of her comfort zone as I am when it comes to boyfriends. The one person who has actually been super supportive and helpful through all of this, surprisingly, is Harry.

Harry and I have become really good friends. Both mom and Anne have learned to cook, or order, an extra helping of dinner, because the chances of an extra person staying to eat are pretty good.

We typically work at least one shift together at the bakery each week. Last month, we started a tradition of going to the bookstore after our shift to pick out a new book for each other. Spending a ridiculous amount of time lounging and starting to read the book before walking home.

--------------------

Harry: are you up?

Anna: Yes. What do you need?

Harry: need to shop for Abbigail for Christmas. want to help me and shop for Ben?

Anna: I can go with, but I am not getting much for Ben. It's only been a month.

Harry: can you go today?

Anna: After Ben's game, yeah. Are you coming to that?

Harry: i am, we can talk more there

--------------------

Harry and I arrive that afternoon together at Ben's game. The season has been great, but it's now winding down. This is his last year at Holmes Chapel, as Ben is headed to uni next fall. So, I try to make most of the games and cheer him on, and Harry enjoys going because he is friends with quite a few people on the team.

At the end of the game, Ben changes and meets us outside the locker rooms. He has plans with his family for the evening, so he didn't mind that I had other plans, plus he wasn't threatened by Harry and I spending time together. Harry is his best friend, after all, and we often hang out in a big group; Harry, Abbigail, Maddie, Clara, Ben and me.

"Have fun, sweetheart." Ben says as he pulls my body against his, planting a soft kiss on my lips. "Just not too much because I'm not there."

Once he pulls away, we walk towards his car, with Harry in tow. I ask him to drop us off in town before he heads home and he happily agrees as we all hop in his car. Ben and I are in the front seat holding hands, his fingers gently rubbing over the top of my knuckles. Harry is in the middle of the back seat, and I can see him looking at our interlocked fingers before changing his position, sliding over to look out the window without saying much else for the rest of the ride to town.