CHAPTER 20

~August 2011~
Anna- 17
Harry- 17

~August 9th, 2011: London~

Harry POV:

I woke up to my cell ringing from where I plugged it in last night across the room. Damn. I forgot to silence it. I groggily make my way across the room to see that it's management calling me. It's 4am in London, which means the call isn't going to be a positive one. They only call in the middle of the night to settle some kind of tabloid from exposing some untrue rumor, or to make sure that the story being printed either did, or didn't, actually happen. I consider not picking it up, but then it rings through for a second time, so I reluctantly pick up the phone, as Louis screams from his room, "fucking answer it mate!"

--------------------

"Hello?"

"Harry, we need to talk." I hear Jon say. It's never good when Jon is the one doing the calling. "There is an article coming out this morning, and we couldn't stop it."

"What's it about?" I say emotionless, because this was not that uncommon of a call.

"Darcy. Harry its all there," he admits softly.

"What the FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" I seethe.

"Someone came forward to TMZ. They were able to get information from someone at the hospital in South Carolina. They are running it this morning," he breathes in. "It's bad, H."

"Dammit. Did anyone call Anna?" I ask, immediately trying to figure out how to get to her as fast as possible.

"No, we wanted to ask you how to move forward."

"Jon, I need to call her, but I also need to be on a plane to Greece as soon as I get off the phone."

"I'll call you back when we have everything booked. I am really sorry, H." Jon adds, "we will figure out who told them, and plan to take legal action."

--------------------

Louis is now in my doorway, having heard me screaming. I grab the lamp on my nightstand and throw it against the wall, smashing it into pieces while I scream, "FFFUUUUUUCCKKKK!!!"

"Oi, whats up?" he asks with anxious eyes.

"Tabloids got the story, Louis," I angrily sob now. "They know about Darcy. The whole thing is being published this morning. Like any minute. Jon couldn't stop it," I say as I get up to grab a bag and start throwing things in it to bring to Greece to try and salvage my life. "Shit... I don't even know what to do."

"Harry, calm down. Did you call Anna yet?" he asks as he starts to move the pieces of the lamp closer to the corner with his feet, in an attempt to keep me from further hurting myself..

"Not yet." As the words leave my mouth, Anna's face appears on my phone, and I am getting a FaceTime request. "SHIT!" I curse, not being able to catch a break. Louis walks towards the door to give me privacy. "You need to answer it, mate."

--------------------

"Hello," I answer.

"Harry... H... How d... did they know?" I see her angrily crying on the other end of the phone. She's already seen it. I didn't even look yet, so I don't even know what's out there about our daughter. "Answer me, DAMMIT!" She now screams into the phone, pacing in her room in her running clothes.

"I don't know, Anna," I reply as calmly as I can looking into the phone at her. "Jon just called me, maybe two minutes ago, to tell me it was going live. I haven't even seen it yet." I barely finish saying and my phone dings repeatedly with links from her. I click to open them and my screen floods with the articles. One links to the next, and feeds another, which goes to Twitter and now it is everywhere.