Anna 2- CHAPTER 34

*** Another reminder: We are going to jump through quite a few months over the next couple chapters. Just make sure to check the dates for each section, so you aren't confused.

~ October to December 2018~

Harry- 24
Anna- 24
August- 23-25 months old
Robin- 10-12 months old

~October 2nd, 2018~

Anna POV:

Bumble is launching next week. Harry has been nothing but the most amazing and supportive husband through all of the chaos that has completely engulfed our lives since the week after his tour ended. Between living in a construction zone, barely seeing me outside of the office and being on solo dad duty when Viv, and now Marit, are off, he has more than proven to me that he is every ounce the incredible human I always knew that he was. This massive life transition hasn't happened without hiccups, or obstacles, but at the end of the day we always have each others backs.

Today we have the final walk through the of the space with Ryan and Asher. When making the design choices, we leaned into the idea of Bumble being related to honeybees, and a child-centered design division. Each location is going to be called a 'Hive', and the signature color for the division is a playful yellow. We are aware that this could turn some clients off, but I am confident that the of diversity our work will more than speak for itself.

***The NYC Bumble Hive

The office is comprised of one large central space, then individual offices for our mostly female design team, which I'm damn proud of

The office is comprised of one large central space, then individual offices for our mostly female design team, which I'm damn proud of. I would have loved to poach Kate or Taryn, but They are leading teams for AR Harris in New York and L.A. and I couldn't do that to Ryan and Asher. So, instead, Sofie and I built a team the old fashioned way, which meant weeks of interviews in addition to the work of opening the division. Hence we are opening a month behind schedule.

Tomorrow, after we show the space to Asher and Ryan today, we are hosting an invitation only sneak peek for friends, family, potential clients and industry higher-ups. Some big names in Architectural design magazines and online publications will also be able to walk through the space ahead of our official launch party on Friday night. I just hope that it is well received.

"Ladies, this is incredible," Asher gushes as he rounds the end of the hallway to our office spaces. "Seriously, and the playroom between the offices is genius. The bigs and littles bathroom, so many well-thought out additions. All of it. So, well done."

"We can't take all the credit. We have had a really amazing team working on all of it," Sofie says and I add, "again, we can't thank you for the extra time to find just the right people to do the job."

"Clearly it has paid off. I have seen the progress on your first projects, as well. I can't wait to unveil those at the launch party."

Ryan and Asher handed us some pretty big name clients to design spaces for, and those have been some other projects that have pushed the launch a bit. We needed to have some evidence of our designs outside the spaces I have done for our children or our friends. So, we were tasked with a well-known Montessori space, a children's section of the Tribeca library and Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds playroom. The last client was the easiest to accomplish considering they live in our building. It also meant that I was responsible for construction in two units in the building, which earned me lots of glares in the elevator.