𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

Epilogue (Part 2)

It's time. Five renowned and excellent surgeons gathered in the meeting hall to save one of their own. It's time to deliver the last twin in Areum's womb and then that was it—or so they said. Jungkook was nowhere near giving up, not even when Science and every Doctor handling his wife insisted it was the end. He promised Areum he'd take care of their twins and he made a vow that he'd fight in her place when she couldn't. If the odds have given up on her, it was all the more reason why he shouldn't.

Jeon Jeong Soon, the last pair of the twin was supposed to come out two hours ago and Jungkook insisted he go to the OR with Areum this time. He wasn't present when Jeong Seok was delivered into the world, he wanted to be on his wife's side when their daughter comes out. His and Areum's parents as well as Yoongi and Jana insisted on looking after Jeong Seok while Jungkook went with Areum. The only reason why they let him in was because they believed Areum wasn't going out of that Operating Room alive and they wanted him to say goodbye then.

As they cut her open one more time, her heart stopped again. . . For a second, Jungkook felt his heart stopped beating too. . . until he remembered the very first time he'd seen her—all smiles and giggles even with a wounded soul and a dislocated shoulder from a gunshot. He knew it wasn't her end in that Operating Room, so he demanded Doctor Wang to close her up again. . . Which they did for some reason, and then her heart started beating again. She wasn't gone all the way—Jungkook knew she was still finding a way to get back, all he had to do was never stop fighting for her.

They were running out of time though. . . both his wife and daughter. He can't lose his baby girl too. It would ruin Areum if she woke up without the other half of the twin.

Jungkook kept his head buried in his own trembling palms as he sat on the waiting lounge outside the OR, shirt already drenched with sweat and tears as he waited for the Doctors to get back to him and discuss what was the best thing to do to save both Areum and the baby. . . If Areum was even eligible to be saved, they said. His heart says she is but in his mind—Areum would want him to let her go.

"Jungkook-ssi,"

He instantly stood up, knees weak and mind all over the place. His tired eyes met Hyeon and Seung Jae's concerned ones. They frowned at the sight of him as they probably wondered how on earth did Jungkook aged a hundred times in just a matter of hours of waiting.

Hyeon eventually cleared his throat. "We may have found a way to avoid her getting into Cardiac Arrest as they do the Cesarean surgery,"

"Okay? What the hell are we waiting for then?" Jungkook gave them an impatient look.

He only got a hesitant look from Seung Jae—the only time the arrogant bastard ever looked so unsure about Medicine and Surgery.

"In order to do that, we have to make her heart stop beating first." Hyeon confidently stated. "We will get her right back. I'm going to make her heart start beating again as soon as the baby is on the clear,"