chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

Song Areum

Switzerland

Switzerland. The paradise in her dreams, it looked like Switzerland. From the beautiful hills, mountains, greens and whites from the snow to the beautiful glimmering water down the river, it was so clear, it mirrored the reflection of the sky. The breeze was velvet on her skin and though the sun was up and bright, the weather wasn't scorching hot as it was when she's alive.

She stood on top of a green hill, overlooking the houses in the village—she wondered if someone lived there. It must be good living there—here.

"You can stay here with me, if you want." Luke softly spoke beside her.

"Are you alone here?"

He turned to look at her with a smile and that beautiful blue-green eyes that she found prettiest amongst the things that made him gorgeous.

"I won't be, if you stayed." he answered.

She smiled, his offer was enticing. Luke never looked so happy alive than he is in Paradise, perhaps living in a beautiful place like it, was calming enough even if he lived alone.

Everything about the place was peaceful and quiet, just animals singing, birds chirping from time to time—a few decibels of noises but even that was a pretty sound. There was no denying, in paradise, there wasn't any pain and guilt, lost and greed. It was almost everything she ever wanted in one place but there was something missing. Someone she'd feel pain and guilt for, someone who'd be destroyed beyond repair if she stayed in Paradise with Luke.

"I'll go soon." she told Luke with an apologetic smile. "I've got to go back."

He smiled at her, not quite believing her words.

"Since when did you become soft, Areum Song?"

She smiled. "I fell in love."

Luke fixed his gaze on the wide field from afar. "How great of a man could he be that he was able to make you human when Jana and I couldn't?"

Areum followed his gaze and averted her attention from his blue-green eyes to the empty green field down the mountain.

"He's got a lot of love to give. Sometimes, I think he loves me so much, I forgot what hating myself and other people felt like,"

"Jana and I loved you that much too," Luke pointed out.

Areum chuckled, "You're not Jungkook though."

"I think I was born to love him." she added. "He never tried to change me. I think he loved me at my best and even in my monstrous form."

"All I did was try and change you, didn't I?"